Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCC Bankrupt

Boolit Buddy

RCC Bankrupt

Received notice today of Roberson Cartridge Co bankruptcy - there goes almost $300.00

Boolit Master
    I also received my letter Today. And the FAT LADY SINGS
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Jack View Post
    Received notice today of Roberson Cartridge Co bankruptcy - there goes almost $300.00
    I truly feel for you, but I have had a pre-paid order in a few years ago with a firm which also went belly-up. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, I first received the bankruptcy notice, and then maybe a week later a loss-payable-form to fill out. Albeit certified or registered mail was advised, I filled out the form and put a normal 1st Class stamp on it. Almost a year later I received a cheque for (I do not remember exact -- sorry!) about 80% of what I had sent in.
    My thoughts were the courts assess all assets; all liabilities; and make a judgement vis what is to be done for resolution. In this case, paid in funds were returned at a fairly high percentage. I was out a lot less than you -- ~ $113.00 USD -- and got about ninety bucks back.
    RCC has a telephone number listed, too. Perhaps -- (806) 329-3130 -- you may give them a 'phone call or two?
    BEST wishes!
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    I recall "window shopping" on their site and seeing brass for $4-7 each. So glad I never had the itch to own a caliber that needed custom made brass.

I would have thought their business was "bullet proof". No competition, and guys willing to spend north of $4/case are not going to fret about $150/k primers.

Sad that it happened, and people will be affected.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I joined a fitness establishment the year I retired and paid a good hunk of change for a 2 year subscription. They moved out two nights later with no forwarding address and nobody knew where they went. Police were not all that concerned and as far as I know they only took complaints and filed them. We live and learn. james

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I joined a fitness establishment the year I retired and paid a good hunk of change for a 2 year subscription. They moved out two nights later with no forwarding address and nobody knew where they went. Police were not all that concerned and as far as I know they only took complaints and filed them. We live and learn. james
    So sorry re your loss, James! Sadly it seems "others" always come out ahead -- not you, me, and other common folk...
    geo

Boolit Master

George, the loss of money was not the big issue with me. Maybe I am an old dinosauer or overly naive, but the fact that a fellow human being would deliberately sign up a bunch of people and then skip town in the middle of the night really cut into my ability to have faith in my fellow man. I still have faith and love for my fellow man but for a few days, it was touch and go. I finally came around to this; My God is Alive and He loves me and that is the only thing that matters in this old world. The best is yet to come, james

Boolit Master
    TNsailorman: there's a very old saying by Confusius: "If you wait long enough by the river you'll see the body of your enemy float by." A good and decent person will live a good and decent life. Those that swindle and cheat will never have true friends, will have to constantly look over their shoulder, and will have to bare the crushing weight of guilt upon their souls. Don't spend another second feeling bad about people that try to make you question the faith of your fellow man; people like that are their own punishment.

Boolit Master
    What Really hursts is that their website is still up and running and still taking orders . This means Their interested In getting as much money as possible in their hands and stiffing customers
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Thats too bad for those who have lost money.

I bought some 56-50 rimfire cases. They are well made. It did take months to get them.

An acquaintance of mine, who on/operates a CNC machine shop says he is always looking for small products to be produced during down times.

Has anyone tried Rocky Mountain cartridge?

I have a small batch of RMC .25-20 Stevens cases that I acquired a good few years ago. I find them very brittle, even after annealing. As far as I know, it is still impossible to buy bar stock in the correct "cartridge brass" alloy, which is part of the problem.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Wonder how that 475 AR 10 is going to sell now,wasn't RCC the source of brass.

Boolit Master

When I saw RCC I thought Republican Campaign Committee.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez - ya gotta be BRAVE to make cartridge cases on an automatic screw machine
    load up and actually SHOOT 'EM! Be Careful! EYE PROECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinidaho View Post
    Thats too bad for those who have lost money.

I bought some 56-50 rimfire cases. They are well made. It did take months to get them.

An acquaintance of mine, who on/operates a CNC machine shop says he is always looking for small products to be produced during down times.

Has anyone tried Rocky Mountain cartridge?
    I bought two orders of Rocky Mountain Cartridge 12 ga 2 5/8" brass cases from them a few years ago. I was so impressed with the first order of 20, that I got 20 more. I was worried when I saw the company and assets up for sale, but they were still taking orders. They warned of a possible lengthy shipping time, but I got my orders delivered in about 2 weeks. They were expensive, but are absolutely beautiful thick walled "everlasting" cases that really should last me for the rest of my life. Since these are not intended to be crimped (glue is used to secure the over shot cards) and are fired at low shotgun shell pressures, brittleness/annealing isn't a concern.

Who said they use a screw machine?
    Cognitive Dissident

Banned
    Website is up , but they are not taking orders so I guess we can dispense with that nonsense .

I don't find it a darn bit surprising to see bankruptcy here , expensive raw material. Combined with a limited market equals bad idea .
    I think it could be done as a sideline for someone who has an interest in it and doesn't need it to cover overhead and other expenses. As a stand alone business model ... not a chance .

Boolit Master

I think their minimum order of 50 cases turned off a lot of potential buyers. Had it been 25, I would have ordered some. But just for fun, I decided to try and make my own lathe turned case - a .41 short rimfire. I'm no machinist and had never attempted something like this, so it took a while. Lots of measuring and double checking. But in the end it came out well. I've loaded and fired it 7 or 8 times so far. For those of you with a lathe, give it a try. It gives an appreciation of what companies like RCC and Roberson go through. Although I imagine they use the latest CNC equipment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210730_161155_copy_396x442.jpg   20210730_172049_copy_493x364.jpg   20210730_172655_copy_390x340.jpg   PhotoGrid_Plus_1627733324312_copy_512x512.jpg   20210730_175406_copy_529x450.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Nice work! I really wish I never got rid of my benchtop lath. It was a good old American made one although I don't remember the brand. I used it for years doing small automotive work. Once I sold my shop I had nowhere to set it up so it went away and I have regretted that decision from a week after I made it. There are tons of Chinese benchtops out there and you can even use that lathe to make much better parts for THAT lathe to make it an actual accurate machine. I just don't have the time or patience for that anymore. And honestly, I don't know if I would trust my own work on a cartridge!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast