WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 350 Remington Magnum from 7mm rem Magnum brass

Boolit Bub

350 Remington Magnum from 7mm rem Magnum brass

I'm just having a hard time finding 350 Remington Magnum Brass. My dad years ago, had his 350 rem mag rifle necked up to shoot 375 bullets.
    Roughly 30 years later, my dad and his hunting buddy are in their mid 80's and they want to do a hunting trip. I have been charged to get their beloved rifles ready.

Unfortunately, my dad's friend who shoot a factory chamber 350 rem mag cannot find his stash. I will provide the rest of the components.
    I have located everything else other than the brass for his 350. I could maybe run some of my dad's 375/350 rem mag brass to a FL sizer. I found a fairly good amount locally, but the seller wants an all or nothing deal at 2.50 each for once fired and 3 for new unused.

I'm sure I can run some 7mm rem mag brass on the FL sizer and trim. Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

Boolit Master

You may have to neck turn or ream the reformed cases as they necks may be too thick.

All depends on brass thickness and how loose the chamber dimensions are.

Boolit Master
    How many are you looking for?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Mold
    I have formed 350 brass from any of the belted magnum cases. The key for me has been trim to length prior to reforming, otherwise I ended up with wrinkles in the shoulder which didn't always come out when fire forming. The necks will need to be reamed or turned before loading. I liked to use nickel plated cases for reforming, so I knew, at a glance, whether it was a reformed case or factory.

There are videos on youtube on how to make 350 mag brass. Very informative.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Good luck. Don’t forget to anneal.

I have formed 350 Rem Mags from 7 mm Rem Mags.... I need to neck ream the formed cases. Anneal after you have formed them and trimmed them. I made a file type trim die and cut them about 0.060" long with fine tooth hack saw them file close to finished length, chamfer / deburr then use a LEE trimmer to get final length. Anneal necks and body then libe and run thru FL die with expanderball installed. I form with expander ball removed from the die.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I would anneal before forming and afterwards.

Boolit Mold
    HI this is tsalagi;1/4/23 I just read your difficulty concerning 350 brass ,I have new primed 350 mag brass and no rifle for it it was sold.I reside in KINGMAN AZ, if there is some way I can get this brass to it`s yours free this my first response on line, if you can come up with an idea they are your`s.

If you were closer, I would be glad to de-prime that brass for you. I have a Lee universal De-capping die and I bought it for just this situation. Very handy $13 die.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    If you were closer, I would be glad to de-prime that brass for you. I have a Lee universal De-capping die and I bought it for just this situation. Very handy $13 die.
    To add to that, I don't know your reloading level, please don't take this as talking down to a newbie if you are an experienced reloader.

De-priming live primers is not as risky as it sounds. I have done easily a 1000+ over the years. First couple of times was with a pin punch, a hammer and a hole in the bench. It works, but every once in a while you get a surprise. Leather glove and safety glasses/face shield are a must! Don't recommend it.

With a universal depriming tool of your color choice(mine's green) you can reclaim virtually all the primers. Key is SLOW while depriming. And gloves. And safety glasses.

I use those reclaimed primers for plinking loads and fire forming loads. Non-critical loads. I have used virtually all of those reclaimed primers over the years and perhaps have had 2 failure to fires.

At the price of primers, I'll recycle all I can. I even did a batch of .243's that had been in a flooded basement. Don't know how long they had been underwater, but they all went boom when they needed to.

Once the primers are out, the brass can ship as standard freight.

Good Luck,
    Last edited by 15meter; 01-07-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tsalagi View Post
    HI this is tsalagi;1/4/23 I just read your difficulty concerning 350 brass ,I have new primed 350 mag brass and no rifle for it it was sold.I reside in KINGMAN AZ, if there is some way I can get this brass to it`s yours free this my first response on line, if you can come up with an idea they are your`s.
    That's a hell of a first post. Welcome aboard. You might PM the OP to exchange information.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Grand Master

A quick search on the internet seems to agree with my memory that primed brass is not restricted as hazmat. Probably be best to call a shipper and ask them.

Boolit Master
    I have enough 350 mag brass but thought I'd try to form some from 7mm mag brass. I trimmed them a bit long then annealed them. I used a tapered punch to open the top of the cases to about .350 and then sized them with imperial lube. Then trimmed to final length.
    The necks were a bit fat at the bottom half of the neck so I turned a mandrel on my mini lathe to slide the cases on and turned the outside of the necks. It was a fairly straight forward process and the results look good.