RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: BEWARE! Winner CVS, ACE, Lowe's Dewalt, Milwaukee, You Have Won

Vendor Sponsor

BEWARE! Winner CVS, ACE, Lowe's Dewalt, Milwaukee, You Have Won

Beware of an ONSLAUGHT of scam emails from all your favorite stores, (insert store name here) You have won a new DeWalt drill! Milwaukee saw, ACE hardware blah blah blah...

Hilight this email and click on Report Spam, just don't click on anything that says CLICK HERE. You can also google "report phishing email to (again, put store name here)" and it will usually give you an email address, you don't copy and paste the contents, click on FORWARD and then use the email to forward the scam email.

This way they can track who sent it and where it came from because forwarding includes all the headers attached to the message. It gives them an origin to track back to. Eventually they will see most of these messages likely originated from a VPN, an un traceable private network but they can go after the host for supporting criminal activity and shut the VPN down.

CVS are LAMERS. They don't have an email address to forward phishing emails to, they want you to CALL on the phone!! Ever tried to get anyone on the phone at CVS??? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha... Ya right.... One more reason I don't go to CVS for anything unless hell takes a sudden drop in temperature.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 11-06-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Yeah, in general I can't put much faith into when I have "won" something I never signed up for.

Boolit Buddy
    And here I thought I was "special". Sometimes you can 'forward' the message back to the sender. But it doesn't always work.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    I guess you could say I’m the Ultimate pessimist. No such thing as the glass being half full it’s always half empty! With all that being said if I didn’t enter a contest I certainly wasn’t randomly chosen to win anything! If it seems too good to be true it is! What is it that PT Barnum once said? Oh yeah “there’s a sucker born every minute and two take them” or something thereabouts. If Folks quit trying to get something for nothing, most of the scams out there wouldn’t work!

Yeah I know I’m a bit cynical. Traveling down the great Highway of life, watching out for the potholes of gloom and doom, have pretty much made me that way! Lol
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

I was more fun when they used to call on the phone and you could jerk them around for half an hour or so…
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Just hit delete without opening.

Boolit Master
    If it sounds too good to be true, then it isn't. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    The easiest way to tell that it is spam is to hover the mouse pointer over the 'from' address area. The real email address should pop up. Note that they aren't being sent from the company that is in the subject line. Boom, spam.

I get these every day, most are in the spam folder. Which of course needs to be checked every day (anyway), as legitimate emails also end up in there.

45_Colt

Boolit Grand Master

I started getting those type of notices in my comment notifications on YouTube. You will never get a notice from a poster of video's like that so don't fall for it. I contacted several of the posters and they thanked me for letting them know this suddenly started happening.

"Thank you for commenting. You have won a prize! Text ******** to claim your prize"
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I started getting those type of notices in my comment notifications on YouTube. You will never get a notice from a poster of video's like that so don't fall for it. I contacted several of the posters and they thanked me for letting them know this suddenly started happening.

"Thank you for commenting. You have won a prize! Text ******** to claim your prize"
    The telegram spammers on YouTube. Spam flag them, mute them, and make sure to leave them a nice reply LOL

Boolit Master
    We used to get those from Walmart.

If I actually won all that stuff, I’d have to buy another house to store it all in.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Anything like that gets deleted immediately.

Not necessarily a big fan ofCVS, but our provider of insurance mandates my wife'smeds come from them. And she calls them at least once a month. Zero issues with getting a pharmacy tech on the phone. All depends uponwhere you kive.

Also, my email in my phone usually has the suspicious emails in different font. Not intentionally, just seems to get sent that way....
    And i delete any that i didnt ask for.,

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I use "Block sender" to stop some of the spam

Boolit Master

I get them from dick's sporting good I won a prize click here to claim ! I hate dick's last time I walked in a few years ago was just to ask why they where still in business!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.