RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: 2500+ for everything?

Boolit Bub

2500+ for everything?

I am very happy with BLL on my cast bullets. But I still have my old RCBS LAM in the shed.

If I were going to use just one stick lube for pressure lubing would White Label 2500+ be good for everything? I ask because I have several sticks of this.

Is there one that would be a better general purpose lube? I don't want to mix my own if I can buy one from White Label.

In rifles I shoot around 1500 to 1800 fps in several calibers. Maybe 2000 fps on a rare occasion.

Thanks for your help.

Boolit Master

I think it would work fine. After you use it up, I would suggest carnuba blue. It works great for everything in your velocity range.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master
    +1 for the carnauba blue. Love it.

Pretty much any of the premium 'store bought' ones will work.
    For rifles- I'm a Lyman Orange magic guy myself.

Not that its any better than everything else out there, I just started with it years ago, and it works.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Mold
    Bought a large number of White Label 2500 sticks long ago. It's all I have used for years.

Works great, runs through my lube sizer without heat. Have used for many thousands of pistol bullets in various calibres with no problems.
    I have lubed the Lyman 170 gr cast bullet and shot it at 2200 fps in several 30-30 rifles with no leading or accuracy issues.

I have never tried the other White Label lubes, but consider 2500 to be an excellent all around bullet lube.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been using 2500+ in different cartridges, rifle and handgun, from 22 Hornet up through 45-70 for several years. Was going to order some more BAC a couple years ago for handgun bullets but tried the 2500+ and it works as well, perhaps better. I still have several tubes of Javelina which I use just for a couple cartridges with HV loads but the 2500+ is working as well also. I've tested quite a few lubes and find 2500+ to better than most at all velocity levels.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

That will definitely work White Label makes some great Lubes.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks every body! That gives me the confidence to carry on.

Too lazy to change over, I used 2500 for .38 Special for a whole season and then some.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Use it in both handgun and rifle (1600 fps range). Doesn't need a heater but do have a heated reloading room, not sure how it wuld work in a cold work area. Like it becasue it was slightly less tacky than the NRA 50/50 when handling bullets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich/WIS View Post
    Use it in both handgun and rifle (1600 fps range). Doesn't need a heater but do have a heated reloading room, not sure how it wuld work in a cold work area. Like it becasue it was slightly less tacky than the NRA 50/50 when handling bullets.
    My basement can be cool but if I use a heat gun on the Lyman for a little bit 2500+ fills the grease grooves with no issues for a longer time than I am using it for. Excellent lube. Good to know I can use it on pistol boolits just as well.

Boolit Master
    It is working for you, why change ?? I tried all the lubes on the market I could get my hands on, ended up making my own to do what I wanted. Shoot my 45/70s in the 1200 FPS range only, don't need them any hotter. They do everything I want and need at that speed. All my bullets ar in the 500 + range.

I use 2500+ for everything , 22 Hornet to 9mm . It does need a little heat if it's cold in the garage .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    ever since learning about white label lubes when I first signed on here I've been using 2700+ carnauba red and thats all I have used ever since for everything from 380 to 444 in all pistol and rifle loads and have never had a problem with one exception and that is 38 wad cutters get a light coat of liquid alox, I have no reason to change, the lube sizer gets the same lube every time it gets low. one thing I like about it is it is sticky cold but when heated in the lube sizer it sticks to the bullets and stays stuck. even when I do a large quantity and put them away in bullet boxes even years later the lube is still perfect and bullets ready to be loaded in the empty brass. and if a gas check doesn't stay put a little wipe of hot lube on the base of bullet then the gas check stays put right where it belongs.