Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: crossno liner

Boolit Buddy

crossno liner

Looking to purchase one of the Crossno liners for my Sharps to get more practice and conserve some of my primer supply. A friend has one installed in his his Sharps so I drove out to his ranch to get a bit of hands on. I brought some RWS and Eley ammo and neither would seat in the chamber of the Crossno. He had shot it quite a bit, mostly with cheap Federal bulk and the chamber could have been leaded or carboned. Does anyone have experience with match ammo in these? The match ammo seems to run .001"-002" larger on the bullet diameter than the cheap bulk stuff and even his Federal bulk took a firm push to get seated.

Boolit Grand Master

I was thinking of getting one of those for my 1874 too. I have heard good things about them and with the cost of primers running $169.00 a brick (in my neck of the woods) it has become very cost efficient.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    I push the ammo all the way in with a piece of wooden dowel or my thumb quickly gets sore from forcing them in. RWS R50 shoots really well in mine at 100 meters. Center-X is also a good choice in mine.

Chris.

The Crossno liners are a match chamber, and will take pretty good thumb pressure to seat a cartridge. So likely your ammo wont be easy to chamber.
    Mike Basset took over building Crossno liners afterDave passed away some years ago. BACO sells them.

Boolit Buddy
    Ouch!, $169.00 for a brick of primers. I scored a brick of LP ($90) yesterday along with 2 pounds of HP38 to load 45ACP. Looks like components are starting to come back but it is real spotty. With the Crossno looks like I will have an excuse to make another tool. Oak or antler handle with a flat end to seat the rounds and brass hook on the other to pull the empty cases. His Crossno was pretty accurate even with the Federal bulk. Dime size groups at 25 yards resting across the rail on his front porch.

Wouldn't be hard to ream a more generous chamber into the Crossno liner.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I have 2 of them and use a dowel rod to seat the round in all the way, made that way with a match chamber, both of mine shoot very well.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't mess with the chamber personally. They shoot really well as is. Here is a target I shot with mine. Ten shots @ 110 yards. RWS ammo.

That's a Canadian quarter, but its the same size as an American one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crossno-small.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	306542

Chris.

Yeah, I guess you can consider it breech-seating.
    Cognitive Dissident

Really not much different than what many BP shooters do when shooting heavy bullets. A lot of them use camming devices to final seat a case into the chamber so they don't end up with a sore thumb.