Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: RCBS Lube Sizer Portable Mount?

RCBS Lube Sizer Portable Mount?

Is anyone aware of a portable mount that would work for an RCBS Lube-a-Matic 2 with a heater plate that I could just clamp to a bench and then remove when finished? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Mike B.

Boolit Master
    Most all of my transient tools are mounted on hardwood boards and clamped to the bench when in use, a tip I learned from my mentor when starting out. The only thing hard mounted to the bench is the press.

There are also some ideas out there using T tracks and I believe there are a couple of swappable mounts out there.

For me this was the easiest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Mounted Tools.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	306486

Boolit Master
    I use scraps of 1/4 steel plate, tapped the mounting holes 1/4-20 and the screws are flush with the bottom of the plate. There are carriage bolts counter sunk in the bench that push up from the bottom that slide into slots in the steel plate and tighten with wing nuts on the underside of the bench. I used a spade bit to drill a 1/4" recess before drilling the 1/4" hole through the bench so the carriage bolt heads drop below the bench surface when not in use.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    Most all of my transient tools are mounted on hardwood boards and clamped to the bench when in use,
    I did this for years.
    If you're single, you can even clamp it onto the dining room table.

In later years, I have a work table with a 1/4" Alum. deck. I drilled 1/4" holes through it and bolt it down now when I need it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've always used a piece of 2x6, anywhere from 12 to 18" long to bolt to my moveable loading gear. I have not however used a heater with said 2x6. Clamps to the kitchen table or bolts (or screws) fix them to a work bench.

A small plate of just about any metal between the lubrisizer and the board should work fine.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I did a variation of what Mal Paso uses. Except the plate is 1/2" aluminum with a cartridge heater installed. Almost all equipment is mounted to plates and use a common bolt pattern to be mounted.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I use scraps of 1/4 steel plate, tapped the mounting holes 1/4-20 and the screws are flush with the bottom of the plate. There are carriage bolts counter sunk in the bench that push up from the bottom that slide into slots in the steel plate and tighten with wing nuts on the underside of the bench. I used a spade bit to drill a 1/4" recess before drilling the 1/4" hole through the bench so the carriage bolt heads drop below the bench surface when not in use.
    yep, 1/4" plate
    I buy these 6x6x1/4" plates with a 1/2" hole in each corner at the steel yard for $4 each.

Cut-off a corner, use T-nuts up from the bottom to mount the press, and the corner holes to mount to the bench.
    All presses have the same plate, so only one press mounted on the bench at a time.

Name:	PlateS.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	306507

Name:	Small1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	306508

Name:	JrS.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	306509
    Other presses on a shelf waiting a turn on the bench:

Name:	PStorageS.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	306510
    Rock Solid...

Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    I just use a couple of C clamps and clamp to my table saw when time to size and lube. Saw is heavy with a cast iron top.
    A sheet of gasket material between table and sizer. When time to size, I will do something like a thousand bullets or so at a time, all weighed and sorted to be with in one grain of each other or the same weight before sizing and lubing.
    I make my own lube, so don't need a heater.

Boolit Master

These are called RockDocks by Pat Marlin. There is a Rock Chucker with Piggyback II, a Lube-o-Matic, a "double base" for a pair of Powder Measures, a Lee Classic Cast, and an RCBS 4x4, each detachable, interchangeable, and portable. Many similar configurations work with wood, aluminum, or steel plates.

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Thank you all very much for your thoughtful responses. You've given me some very good ideas.
    Mike B.