Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best friend Sugar is gone

Boolit Master

My best friend Sugar is gone

I got her as a gift from my grandparents as the had one I fell in love with. The now wife had not moved in with me yet 7 years ago and I needed a companion. Our now 7 year old English Bulldog had a bad allergic reaction a week ago Sunday. Rushed her to the animal hospital for Benadryl injection and a sedative. She quieted down after 45 min at home. Checked her tongue, it was pink. Five min later it was blue. Nearest emergency vet was 25 min. She died in my lap in the car. We had adopted a stray cat 8 months ago. Having another animal friend in the house has helped, but the wife and I sat on the couch for 20 min tonight teary eyed. It just hard. She was my Boo Bear. Be there for your friends, folks. They deserve it, we don’t deserve them. I have not posted anywhere else, I just know you folks on here appreciate good animal friends.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I sure feel it for you . After I lost the 12 yr old cat a yr after my dog and just a couple of months after a very social yard pet I've decided no more . It's just too hard on me .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

The joy of pet ownership is also its curse, because we are destined to lose them. My backyard is full of small graves, every one dug with tears in my eyes. You have my deepest sympathies.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Sorry to hear of your lost . I know how it feels, for how I lost my also . Hang in there .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Bub
    So very sorry to read about your loss.
    I hope all the good memories Sugar comfort you some.

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Sorry to hear of your loss.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

So sorry for your loss. Losing one is the hardest part with having pets - we have 5 dogs and 2 cats and had dogs & cats for the last 35 years, so I can imagine how you feel.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    Like all the posts above,, I too share my sympathies. I have had my share of pet losses over the decades.
    Having a furry friend as mentioned is a blessing & a curse. They allow us companionship & love. Yet, when we lose them, we feel loss. A preacher said long ago; "Without people or pets in our lives, we can not truly love. Yet, to understand love, there will be loss. With this loss,, we will feel a stronger love"

Boolit Master

Its tough buddy. I had a miniature Weenie Dog named Lepschen. I had her 17 years, and that was still not enough. I can never forget her, she's in all the family pictures with the kids when they were little and then grown. She died in 1995. As a boy I was given a Cockerspaniel named Lady in 1953 after seeing the movie "Lady and the Tramp". I was in the second grade. Lady passed in 1969 the day I came home from my first overseas deployment. My Mom said she waited for you to come home. They get under our skin.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...
    That brought tears to my eyes, I have lost many over the years. Most likely will see them all soon.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Grand Master
    So very sorry for your loss.
    We've had many friends pass through the years.
    I remember everyone with fond memories.

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss, they are family

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss. We sure get attached to them.

Boolit Master

So sorry for the loss of your best friend "Sugar"
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I understand completely your loss. I still miss my Great Pyrenean Mountain dog that passed away at fourteen a couple of years ago. We now have another of the same breed, but somehow it’s not the same .

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss. We know it will happen someday but.. I will be a mess when my buddy Ruger (in avatar) goes. They only have a life expectancy or 10 or so years ago. Best dog I have ever had. You have others that you can love. Never the same but like in the Rainbow Bridge poem says, I will look forward to seeing them again.

Boolit Master
    it hurts losing a beloved pet, thoughts and prayers are with you. I gave rufus two extra scoops of kibble after reading this just to let him know we care

Feel your pain. Lost our old man last year and his male pup a few months later. Old boy was about 17, pup was only 14. His two sisters are hanging in, were 15 this past April. They are both deaf, but still get around well, but their time is short. It'll be a sad day. We've had a bunch of dogs, guess we didn't have one only for a few months after we got married. Great companions.... hard to see them go.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast