Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: large pistol Primers in stock 11/2 5:30 pm

large pistol Primers in stock 11/2 5:30 pm

midwayusa. remington, limited to 1000.
    Last edited by compass will; 11-02-2022 at 05:53 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Large and Small Primers are selling for $90.00 / Thousand ...
    As of 5:19 PM Central Time Zone (I'm in Louisiana) ... Unavailable .

No matter I'm not buying primers at $90.00/K that's a rip off ...
    they can keep them and eat them.
    When overpriced merchandise doesn't sell and sits on the shelf long enough ... it starts to cost the dealer money ... rather than loose a lot of money ... a Sale will happen and the price will drop to about $45.00 / K ... I will buy primers in the future for $45.00 / K .

Stand your ground and buy as little / few primers as you can untill we force them to get back to a reasonable price . I have enough until we can get " you know who" back in !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    I'm not sure who is making the money on them.
    My local shop stopped carrying them. They said they aren't willing to pay the money for them either, and they don't want to be sitting on inventory they overpaid for when the prices do come back down.

That said, I did buy 1000 small pistol magnum primers because I was down to zero. I didn't like doing it, but it's still cheaper than buying loaded ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
    I'm not sure who is making the money on them.
    My local shop stopped carrying them. They said they aren't willing to pay the money for them either, and they don't want to be sitting on inventory they overpaid for when the prices do come back down.

That said, I did buy 1000 small pistol magnum primers because I was down to zero. I didn't like doing it, but it's still cheaper than buying loaded ammo.
    The dealer also feels these $90 / K prices are inflated ... and not going to sell ...
    You notice he's not buying into it and I bet he feels the price will soon drop . He's smart not buying inventory that he might loose money on ... very soon too .
    The reloading manufacturer's are not our buddies , they will skin their Grandmother if they think granny hide will sell at a high profit . Greedy business men one and all .
    Stand your ground and buy as few primers as you can ... the buyers have power ...
    If were better organized we could have them on their knees begging for mercy .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Well, somebody sure must be buying them all up.

prs

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    The dealer also feels these $90 / K prices are inflated ... and not going to sell ...
    You notice he's not buying into it and I bet he feels the price will soon drop . He's smart not buying inventory that he might loose money on ... very soon too .
    The reloading manufacturer's are not our buddies , they will skin their Grandmother if they think granny hide will sell at a high profit . Greedy business men one and all .
    Stand your ground and buy as few primers as you can ... the buyers have power ...
    If were better organized we could have them on their knees begging for mercy .
    Gary
    They are being bought faster than they can be put on store shelves, or within minutes of being posted online still

Boolit Master
    I agree that we should hold off buying primers unless you are completely out. The more people that are willing to pay $100+/1,000, the longer those prices will hold. For a serious reloader even if you run out of one size you can shift your shooting to other guns that use the primers you DO have. The supply is starting to catch up a little so this is the time when the new price will be set based on what people are willing to pay. If we can get a Republican in the White House in 2024, wait a year and then stock up with every dollar you can spare. There will eventually be another demokrat in power and this cycle will start all over again.

Most of my stock was a pad or two every payday. Same with my 22 supply. I’d buy them at that price, but only a pad or two locally. Shame that local has dried up.

Boolit Master
    Target Sports had CCI LP primers recently at $85 per thousand and you could buy a carton of 5,000, not just 1,000 which makes a big difference in price when considering the haz. fee charge.

Boolit Master

Powder Valley, who is the distributor to most of the large outfits mentioned here, has had at least 1-2 flavors available for the last few weeks. Most around $95. I got a brick of CCI SP recently. Not worth the trouble unless you are placing a powder order also.

Newsflash fellas, you're NEVER going to see sub $80 primers again. Anything you are finding less than that, is old stock. I know a manager of a Sportsmans Warehouse, and that's what is going on with them. They get a couple cases every few months. All from a warehouse down south that has pallets of old inventory. They send out primers to locations to gin up foot traffic.

Boolit Buddy
    Today I asked a local dealer if he had primers. To my surprise he did. Small pistol primers made in Turkey @ $110 per K out the door, limit one. Having a supply on hand, I passed, betting the market is heading down--although not to pre-shortage levels.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Large and small pistol primers in stock at MidwayUSA right now.

Boolit Buddy
    Small pistols already gone. Large pistol still there right now.

I too will not pay these inflated prices. I don't believe for a second what manufacturers are telling us about primer production and where they are going. The shooting sports across America is vastly subdued at gun clubs etc.. so just where are these millions a day production primers going? At some point, we will know what is happening as someone will spill the beans.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by openbook View Post
    Small pistols already gone. Large pistol still there right now.
    Large pistol still in stock this morning. Used to sell out in minutes...
    Last edited by Barry54; 11-08-2022 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Boolit Master

Powder Valley has Small Pistol Magnums for $95. They've had one or more flavors or another available pretty much all the time.

I'm sorry to say it, but those here waiting for $50 CCI primers, you might want to start shooting flintlocks.

Boolit Master
    Was in the Cabellas today. Lots of small rifle and pistol primers. Match Federal were $10/100. CCI match were $15/100. CCI SR Mag were $9/100. Quota was 5 boxes per day.

I bought some CCI SR match early this year at Sportsman's for $8/100 so it looks like either Vista Outdoors or Cabellas has raised prices some more.

I wish I could get some more LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    Powder Valley, who is the distributor to most of the large outfits mentioned here, has had at least 1-2 flavors available for the last few weeks. Most around $95. I got a brick of CCI SP recently. Not worth the trouble unless you are placing a powder order also.

Newsflash fellas, you're NEVER going to see sub $80 primers again. Anything you are finding less than that, is old stock. I know a manager of a Sportsmans Warehouse, and that's what is going on with them. They get a couple cases every few months. All from a warehouse down south that has pallets of old inventory. They send out primers to locations to gin up foot traffic.
    If your correct then the entire shooting sports is in trouble. Prices, to include factory ammo, is so ridiculous now I can't see all that many paying these prices for long. Most shooters are working class family guys or retired guys, so the few who are lucky to have lots of cash to spend may be all that is left to afford what you are saying. In my area the gun clubs have dropped a bunch in shooter attendance and many disciplines have stopped shooting as well.