MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: BIG Shout Out to our mold makers

BIG Shout Out to our mold makers

Everyone is dealing with trying times these days right? and yes, we all get frustrated when not getting a response, a phone call or whatever from vendors especially on something we have ordered and perhaps paid for. My recent experience though, at least with the molds I buy, does not support that sort of frustration, and I feel blessed it has worked that way. I gave up the custom (my own design) thing long ago and just order tried and tested molds now as it is much easier, less costly and a better chance my bullets will shoot well. Age does this to us.

In the past 5 weeks I have ordered two new molds. The first, a very nice 44 mold from NOE that so far is casting nice bullets for my 44 Special revolvers, a design closely recommended by Thumbcocker for my Ruger flat top. This mold is my 4th aluminum offering and although most all my molds are the older steel molds, I am learning to use alum molds with great results these past years. The second mold, recommended by Outpost and RickinTN is the Accurate 105T 32-20 ordered just last week some time and from Tom at Accurate Molds. This mold, much like the first, arrived quickly and also looking terrific; can't believe it's here already, did I say it looks terrific? so, the process of washing followed by heating in the over begins with hopes of casting new bullets soon!

In full disclosure: Neither of these two molds I mention are custom designs by me with both being designed long ago perhaps. So I'm thinking both molds were in stock (on the shelve items) ready to ship and something we should all feel lucky about as it's costing these guys a lot of money to make their products readily available and in many, many mold designs, while waiting to get their investment back...Thanks, NOE, thanks Accurate.

So like the title says, a BIG shout out to our American Mold Makers, we are lucky to have them through these trying times of Covid, Chinese junk and, "Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms" anti-politicos; for without the 2nd amendment we will become like France, or perhaps the entire EU, some states look that way already - it will no longer look like, or be like, the USA we all know, from sea to shining sea.

A big "Shout Out" to all mold makers, I have an inventory of over 100 molds, RCBS, Saeco, Lyman, Lee, Hensley & Gibbs, CBE and a host of custom mold makers. I remember my first RCBS double cavity was a whopping $11.95 (a long time ago) and today, without them, we would all be struggling to continue shooting.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!