WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester m-70 llightweight

Right on. I have found regular followers. Brownells among others. I will shell out some coin and get a regular follower coming. Thanks all.

No need to take it apart tho I appreciate the offer. I lean with Larry and believe this follower is the main fault. After I fiddled with it that left cartridge feeds a lot better.

I even wondered about the left rail not letting go soon enough but the top and 4rth cartridge has pretty much fed my round nose loaded cartridges. Just the second cartridge coming off the left side of the follower gives trouble and wants to stub into the right side before it gets released from the mag and pops up under the claw of the "control round feed" bolt face.

Soon as this gets figured out to be 100% reliable I will definitely post the cure.

Even wondered if I carved down that middle ridge back to about where just before the cartridge stubs would allow that cartridge to release and jump up under the claw.

Really like the help here from others. Thanks a bunch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221111_120522.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	306718

So finally took the bull by the horns and whittled the follower down further on account of because this rifle has to feed the cartridges that I will be using most if not all the time. Namely round nose cast boolits.

Success!!! Not sure why that left rail was so high but now it ain't. AND she feeds just fine now!!! I can feed that problem child ( the second round) slowly and it chambers like butter. Fast it goes even better. The cast boolit does the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221111_120537.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	306719

So here we're the culprits that spun me up. I got impatient and began filing and polishing till this rifle now feeds ALL rounds that I will ever use ... better yet is that my favorite cast boolits feed like eggs through a chicken ..
    Or ... gas through a funnel.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Now for the shooting to see if she warranted all this attention for shooting cast.

Boolit Master
    Keep posting, we wanna hear about the loads and accuracy.

Will do as soon as my right eye sees again. Last friday it developed a bleed at the rear of the eyeball and proceeded to cloud up my vision till its like trying to look through a iced over windshield. Namely light and shadows.

Isnt gettin old a hoot.

Boolit Master
    any progress on this??? possibly also try changing seating depth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    Will do as soon as my right eye sees again. Last friday it developed a bleed at the rear of the eyeball and proceeded to cloud up my vision till its like trying to look through a iced over windshield. Namely light and shadows.

Isnt gettin old a hoot.
    Dang, hopefully no permanent loss of vision. Hope you heal well.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I certainly hope your eyesight isn't impaired. Praying for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Thanks for the get well wish's and prayers. Seems to be improving but SLOWWWW.

No nothing new with the project Featherweight . Cant shoot if cant see. Will commence with accuracy loading and testing ... hopefully soon.

Boolit Master
    Best wishes for your recovery bigted.

I had one of those burst capillaries. The Doc said the most common cause is diabetes, but in the absence of that, they don’t know why it happens.

I had a blurry, yellow map of Africa going up my vision from just above the focal point in my left eye. Blood flow in the eye is extremely sluggish (that’s why the red in the white of a damaged eye takes so long to go away) so it took a month or two to carry away the blood and shrink the map of Africa to a map of India and then finally disappear.

There are a couple “blank” spots above the center of vision where the nerves, deprived of blood by the break, died. They won’t come back unless time reverses itself. Getting old ain’t for sissies.

Boy you got that right ""ain't for sissies" stuff. Only 'golden' is my savings going into someone. elses sail boat. Sorry to hear about your permanent damage in your left eye. Sucks.

Happy thanksgiving all. Hope your day was full of great food and thankfulness. I got to spend it with my 86 year old mom and my oldest sister and TON'S of food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12