RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Ruger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
    I enjoy the aesthetics of blued steel and wood as much as the next guy but $25 for a Hogue grip to solve the busted knuckle problem seems a cheap fix. Have heard from others that thicker grip panels largely solve the problem. Got to try that.
    I have enjoyed Pachmayr grips on my Super Blackhawks because they fit my hand better, They also solve the knuckle thing when you go nuclear with the loads.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    That is a beauty for sure. Bet it will be a great shooter. The .44 mag is such a versatile round. I like medium level loads with some heavy ones occasionally. I have gotten to the point where my cast loads in all my revolvers shoot extremely well. Took several years to learn how.
    I’m finding that out, what works well for rifles doesn’t mean it works for revolvers, lol
    Retired: school of hard knocks
    NRA Lifer

Boolit Master
    The adhesive bandage tape that Doug Guy showed in his post works very well for me on any handgun that tends to wanna rap my knuckles!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had one since January 1980. Very nice shooter

Boolit Bub
    I have a ss sbh 7.5" I bought used about 15 years ago. 1995 manufacture date. It's the gun that got me started casting my own. Started with store bought .430" boolits. leaded the barrel. After joining this site and using the search function, I was able to get it working.

Slugged the bore, groove .4305" went with a Lee 240 tl mold and sizer I lapped to .432" Still leading. Checked cylinder throats, varied from .430" to .4315, as Doug guy said. Lapped the throats to .+.4315" with an expandable lapping bar from MC Industial.

It shoots great after that. Casting a 429421 sized .4315 probably over 2500 rounds, and no need to clean the barrel.

I learned how to make it work by searching this site, and got hooked. Casting for 45 acp 44 mag, and 357. also 45-70, 30-40 Krag, both 7 and 8mm mauser, and 30-06.

Still like to send that sbh cylinder to Dougguy to get it honed to .4325" one of these days

Boolit Buddy
    I second the Pachmayr grip suggestion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12