Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alliant

Boolit Master
    I understand and share everyone's impatience with Alliant. About 75% of my reloading data is predicated on the use of Unique or Herco, so yes, I get it.
    The ONE ray of light in this cloud is a propellant called BE-86. It burns a little more slowly than Unique, but is flash-suppressed, and, burns cleanly, and works through powder measures very nicely. I see quantities of it available here & there, and I'D unhesitatingly substitute it (WITH proper work-up) for Unique, if I had a pressing need.
    I've ALSO used AA#5, when I couldn't find Unique. While its load data is usually nowhere close to Unique, it meters wonderfully, and works well anywhere that Unique would. It DOES like to be pushed a little harder for best burning. I see the odd pound or keg of this available, also.
    All is not lost, at least not yet.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

I’ve been looking for STEEL for waterfowl loads…missed out on an opportunity to order last year because I had to do something before I got the order completed.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master
    Our Sportsman's has been getting in some Alliant powders. Red Dot, Green Dot some RL. No Unique or 2400.

I went away from most of those powders years ago. I still have a couple pounds of Blue Dot I save for specific loads. I also got a large jug of 700X at the beginning of COVID. It serves most of my low power loads. And, I don't shoot much pistol anymore.

Also started seeing more and more SR and SP primers, which is a good thing cause I use the SR's a lot. Haven't seen LR or LP for a couple of years. My stash is almost gone.

I shoot a lot of Promo so Unique is getting a rest. Still have about 15 pounds of Unique but just not using it at present.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Our Sportsman's has been getting in some Alliant powders. Red Dot, Green Dot some RL. No Unique or 2400.

I went away from most of those powders years ago. I still have a couple pounds of Blue Dot I save for specific loads. I also got a large jug of 700X at the beginning of COVID. It serves most of my low power loads. And, I don't shoot much pistol anymore.

Also started seeing more and more SR and SP primers, which is a good thing cause I use the SR's a lot. Haven't seen LR or LP for a couple of years. My stash is almost gone.
    Am I correct in thinking we may not see LR through 2023?
    -Paul

Boolit Buddy
    Scored 16 pounds of new production Unique today. Seller said it came in on a three year-old backorder.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    Am I correct in thinking we may not see LR through 2023?
    THere are some bosnian LR on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Jack View Post
    THere are some bosnian LR on the market.
    Thanks, I think I've seen them for about $80/K, bit hard to swallow but better than the $127 ($165 shipped) I've seen for WLR elsewhere. I've only used CCI and Winchester before. Are these primers dependable?
    -Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12