Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: neck sizing

Boolit Man

neck sizing

Since the 40-82 silhouette/ Crossno is basically a stretched 40-65 case. can 40-65 neck sizing die be used on a fire formed 40-82 silhouette case? I'm thinking by backing off the die that extra .300 from the shell holder that in theory it should work. Your thoughts please. but you may not even have to do that. the neck sizing die is 40 cal and will work with both 40-65 ( 2.10) and 40-70 which is (2.50) the 40-82 is (2.4) so it should work without having to back it out any. Someone straighten me out here before I get even more confused. Thanks, Rob
    Last edited by RobP1; 10-23-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I have several of the old west neck sizing bushing dies. 45 cal 40 cal and 38 cal. They are marked to the caliber not cartridge. You should be able to rise the die up and size the 40-82 with no problems. If your loading 40-65 with this die also make a .300 thick washer and the same lock ring setting will work for both.

The only issue you may run into is after a few loadings you may need to full length size the cases to keep them chambering easily