RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTS/T .41 cal. dies & shellholders

Boolit Buddy

WTS/T .41 cal. dies & shellholders

Got these as part of a larger deal, and I don't shoot .41 caliber myself, so offered here:

• Lee 3-die set, .41 Mag. (carbide, round red box, w/ dipper & shellholder, looks NIB), $30 + shipping
    • RCBS 3-die set, .41 Mag. + extra carbide sizer, in RCBS green box (but not the original box, don't have it), $40 + shipping
    • RCBS #30 shellholders (for .41 Mag.), $5 each + shipping (7 available)

I will, of course, combine shipping. In particular, any number of shellholders would get a free ride with either or both of the die sets, because the die set(s) would be going USPS flat rate.

BTW, I think the RCBS #30 shellholder, for .41 Mag., doesn't fit anything else. Why so many? It appears that my source was planning to set up .41 Mag. on a C-H 445, which is "semi-progressive", no rotor, and uses one shellholder on each of the 4 stations. That still doesn't explain 7 of them, but maybe a little "buy 'em all" ... ?

The 2 die sets:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221018_220519.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	305926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221021_163602.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	305927
    The Lee die set is ... a Lee die set, NIB. Nothing much to remark on there, except it has the round red box, which might call for some extra protection in shipping, if you wish.

The RCBS die set is more interesting -- stand by for a bit of Reloading Die Archeology. For one thing, the decapping pin is part of the neck expanding die. (You can see it sticking out of the center die in the pic.) The steel sizing die (upper right) does not have a decapping pin, in fact it doesn't even have any threads at the top, just a through hole. (Which would simplify dealing with stuck cases, not that anyone here would have that happen.) Also, the body of the neck expander die (center) is aluminum, not steel, first one of those I've seen. All in all, this looks like a pretty early RCBS die set, except for the extra carbide sizer (lower right), which is marked "RCBS 41 MG CARBO FL 84", i.e., made in 1984. As for condition, no scratches (I checked inside the steel sizer), no dents, no pliers rash, everything VG or better, except on the older dies (but not the carbide sizer) there's a hint of rust in the knurling, which I've oiled a bit.

RCBS #30 shellholders:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221018_220815.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	305928

Four of the RCBS shellholders are NOS in wrap, the other 3 are VG/mint. (The Lee die set comes with its own Lee shellholder.)

Shipping (As of Oct. 2) would be $10.40 for a SFRB, $10.60 for a padded flat rate envelope (and I'd do extra padding, I'm starting to call mine "fat rate" envelopes) or $17.05 for a MFRB. Shipping shellholders without the dies would be less, depending on how many, but I'd have to figure it out case by case. Or you could try for a free FTF, if you're in central NC.

Any questions, need more pics, etc., please feel free. (And yes, I'd be open to trades, guess I'll have to work up a want list. Meanwhile, just ask.)

Thanks for looking.

Boolit Buddy

Sunday bump

Boolit Buddy

Two week bump

Boolit Buddy

All items SPF.