Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Glock 43 hic up

Boolit Master

Glock 43 hic up

I am looking at a 43 that sometimes won’t feed next round. Often the 2 round but can be another also. The slide lever lock is always up stopping the slide when gun doesn’t feed. I am not a pistol guy but I will gladly tear ‘‘em down. Never had extra parts left over yet! What say Ye?
    Look twice, shoot once.

You need to find a Glock armorer. Inquire at local gun shops. sometimes they will have an armorer visit to tune up customer's guns. Or try a different magazine.

Jim

Boolit Master

Not sure about the 43, but as long as the spring positions/pushes the slide lock lever down, there should not be any issues. Except for incorrectly installed slide lock lever spring leg in the standard older models, i have found that thumb and hand position pushes the lever up the majority of the time and is a shooter issue, not a gun issue.

If it is always the same round out of the mag, hand position may not be the problem.

Boolit Master

Back to Glock they fix what they make

Boolit Master
    I believe it’s been taken apart before. As I study this more along with your input I am convinced a spring Is missing or miss positioned. So i will take apart tomorrow. Any surprises I should be aware of? I made a little cave sorta like at my work bench to help keep any surprise springs in same zip code.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

if this is a stock mag (& barrel), then send it back. But if its an aftermarket, the mag follower may be locking up the slide even with remaining ammo in the mag.
    Glock feeding & slide locks are pretty reliable in my experience.
    Just my $0.02
    Sig
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master

The G43 has a different type of set-up on the slide release than the older model Glocks. The G43's are like the newer Gen 5's, in that the slide release spring is indeed a small coil spring that fits in the middle of two legs similar to a "wishbone" on the end of the slide release. This rests in a circular channel in the frame.

You may be unknowingly pressing up on the slide release with your thumb while shooting. The slide release can only engage when the magazine follower pushes up against it when the mag is empty, or by thumb pressure.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

G43 slide stop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33731__37028.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	305870

Boolit Buddy
    On the Glock 48, longer slides version of the 43 it's possible to bend or push off the coil spring of the slide stop when reinserting the pin after disassembly.

Boolit Master

With the slide off, does the slide stop lever stay down in the slot of the frame? If so, the issue isn't with slide stop or spring.

If the slide stop lever is raised or slighly raised, the spring is likely out of position.

Have you disassembled the pistol and removed/reinserted the slide stop or is this from the factory?

Boolit Master
    My wife has errands for me around the property and out the gizoo but soon as we get caught up I will dissemble the gun. All this warm DRY fall gives her too many ideas for out side work!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post
    Not sure about the 43, but as long as the spring positions/pushes the slide lock lever down, there should not be any issues. Except for incorrectly installed slide lock lever spring leg in the standard older models, i have found that thumb and hand position pushes the lever up the majority of the time and is a shooter issue, not a gun issue.

If it is always the same round out of the mag, hand position may not be the problem.
    Yes, to the above info. There is a right & wrong way to install the slide lock spring. Get a schematic and verify that the pin is in the right position. I had this issue, and it was totally my fault.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you rely on this pistol for your defense or the defense of your loved one's, send it back right now and stop guessing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    if you rely on this pistol for your defense or the defense of your loved one's, send it back right now and stop guessing.
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    That little spring on slide stop was missing. Some one was in it before me but it is fixed now!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    That little spring on slide stop was missing. Some one was in it before me but it is fixed now!
    Good to hear!