Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: Need Handlaoder Magazine Issue Information

Need Handlaoder Magazine Issue Information

I see the recent post about pack-ratting this magazine.

Read recently that an issue (or issues) from early to mid 2013 contains information on loading heavy cast bullets for the .38 Special.

If any of you archivists have the time, would you mind taking a look? I'm pretty sure the June 2013 issue has an article on loading lead for the 38, and there might have been an earlier issue in that year as well on this topic..

Thanks,
    PBSmith

Thanks relics. I was set to acquire all 2013 issues but would first like to learn if there were others from that year that contain articles dealing with heavy .38 Special loads.

Boolit Master

Are you talking about bullets weight or charge? I have every Handloader from number 1 to number 334, so I can look up anything you want.

Danny,
    Thanks for your offer. I am interested in heavy bullet weights - in the range of 170 grains up to 200 grains. I have numerous other sources of information on this subject (print as well as online), but nothing from Handloader. What I'm looking for might be in that June 2013 issue in the article "Lead Bullets for the.38 Special", but there might also have been something in 2013 issues before June.

Boolit Master

I will take a look.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PBSmith View Post
    I see the recent post about pack-ratting this magazine.

Read recently that an issue (or issues) from early to mid 2013 contains information on loading heavy cast bullets for the .38 Special.

If any of you archivists have the time, would you mind taking a look? I'm pretty sure the June 2013 issue has an article on loading lead for the 38, and there might have been an earlier issue in that year as well on this topic..

Thanks,
    PBSmith
    It doesn't appear you've had much success in your quest. I just received the newest John Taffan book in post, and included was a couple of pages featuring Wolfe Publishing Handloader back issue. I just did a search for you, and it appears the issue you desire is in stock. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 2013 Handloader.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	306808 Not a bad price, too, imho, versus what coffee and doughnuts are now going for . Anyhoos -- if you have interest -- here's a source:https://www.handloadermagazine.com/
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 11-12-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    It doesn't appear you've had much success in your quest. I just received the newest John Taffan book in post, and included was a couple of pages featuring Wolfe Publishing Handloader back issue. I just did a search for you, and it appears the issue you desire is in stock. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 2013 Handloader.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	306808 Not a bad price, too, imho, versus what coffee and doughnuts are now going for . Anyhoos -- if you have interest -- here's a source:https://www.handloadermagazine.com/
    Thank you, Mr. Kahn. I will look into that. Appreciate your post.