Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ginex Small pistol primers review

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    Sig, is that American Reloading outfit legit? I've not heard of them.
    Sorry for the late reply...AR is good to go, sign up with their email list to get notified on latest stock & promo.
    They got new & pulled projectiles that are really cheap, just be patient. Last deal I got was 1k 9mm FMJ mix for $35 to my door.
    Disclaimer: not in any way connected with 'em, just a satisfied client.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Mold
    UPDATE: Ok guys, loaded up some of my tried and true 4 grains of bullseye and still got cratering primers, i think maybe these are just a softer primer. The 4 grains of bullseye and 4.3 grains of cfe pistol have identical looking primers. When loaded with cci primers there is no cratering.

I just picked up 400 Ginex Large Rifle primers to try. Less than a tank of gas and I’m sure will be more fun.
    I’ve been shooting Serbian ammo for years so I’m not too worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    I suspect that you are correct. Which is why I am thinking about trying rifle primers in 9mm kinda as a baseline to see if any particular one has an issue. Maybe try them on occasion as an early warning test?
    I tried it the other way around with ginex small pistol magnum primers in low range .223 55gr fmj loads. They worked ok but were super flat. I only did a test of 10 just to see if it would work for teotwawke.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdntranger50 View Post
    I tried it the other way around with ginex small pistol magnum primers in low range .223 55gr fmj loads. They worked ok but were super flat. I only did a test of 10 just to see if it would work for teotwawke.
    My personal experience is the GINEX SPM primers require a stronger firing pin hit to go off. I have a lot of these primers and use them for target loads, to conserve my standard SPPs. In two of my pistols I occasionally have a round fail to fire. The dent in the primer cup is not as deep as normal. These round will sometimes fire on the second attempt but usually not. I load them into one of my other pistols and they work fine.
    It is possible that these two pistols have a lighter firing pin strike but they never fail to fire when using rounds primed with CCI or Winchester SPPs.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Tried to check out your site recommendation to see if they are legit but the cart will "not send to my location". Tells me to see TOS which says nothing about shipping locations. So basically not so sure this is a legit site. Prices are not all that good to really be interesting.
    Maybe they don’t want to ship to communist New Jersey? Do you have shipping issues with other websites?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    Maybe they don’t want to ship to communist New Jersey? Do you have shipping issues with other websites?
    There are a very few that will not send to NJ for some reason. But for the most part I have bought from from many, many places with no issue. They just require a copy of my firearms id. I think in the last few months NJ has enacted even more laws saying we cannot buy pistol ammo in large amounts online. I will have to look into that. I only buy by the thousand when I buy ammo since it is usually much cheaper.
    But this is not ammo, it is primers and I have never seen anything restricting the purchase of primers here.

Boolit Master
    I just went to their site and they do now list New Jersey as a state they do not sell to. Their loss, All these companies that do not want to sell to states like NJ that only require they get an id are losing a lot of money.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I just went to their site and they do now list New Jersey as a state they do not sell to. Their loss, All these companies that do not want to sell to states like NJ that only require they get an id are losing a lot of money.
    I doubt if that affects their bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123