Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ginex Small pistol primers review

Boolit Mold
    The guys at Midsouth told me about these when I went in to pick up s few things last week. Thinking I might get 5k of them to play with. Thanks for the info on these guys.
    For those who fight for it, Freedom holds a meaning the protected will never know.

Boolit Master
    I grabbed 5k worth for 350 to the door. They worked perfect grabbing another 10k just as soon as I get a chance.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    I bought 8000 and so far all go bang in all my guns. I did notice a bit harder seating in new Starline brass than WW or Federal brass.

Boolit Grand Master

Free shipping & Hazmat looks like an OK deal today.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Not just starline brass. I have noticed it as well. Still goes boom just does not like the progressive so much.

Its hit or miss with American reloading. Sometimes they package well others you get half of what you ordered. They used to answer the phone and make good one it now you have to email them and you are lucky they get back to you. I loved them years ago. So far in 2022 they had about lost my business over customer service issues. They are one order deep for 2023 and its a good at 1/1.

Oh primers will not be in a box. They will be just the slips of 100 not taped in a bag. Be careful opening the package.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Not just starline brass. I have noticed it as well. Still goes boom just does not like the progressive so much.

Its hit or miss with American reloading. Sometimes they package well others you get half of what you ordered. They used to answer the phone and make good one it now you have to email them and you are lucky they get back to you. I loved them years ago. So far in 2022 they had about lost my business over customer service issues. They are one order deep for 2023 and its a good at 1/1.

Oh primers will not be in a box. They will be just the slips of 100 not taped in a bag. Be careful opening the package.
    This is good information. I have some 9mm brass that has been fired several times and a little too easy to prime with CCI's. Might pick some up to try.

Boolit Master

Sig, is that American Reloading outfit legit? I've not heard of them.

I can claim the same for the ginex large military rifle primers. they all work excellent.

AR is legit, I have a lot of their pulled bullets and demil brass. They sell a lot of pulls as they do demil contracts or buy demil products. They also sell loaded ammo, powders bullets and primers.
    A pulled bullet or brass may be dinged, but works well for fire forming brass or in an auto pistol. Do not expect perfect bullets or brass as a pull.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Bub
    Have been using ginex primers for a couple of years with great results.

Boolit Mold
    After reading this I ordered 7k small pistol primers from AR thanks guys. Outer Rondacker when you say they will not be in a box do you mean that the sleeve boxes are not in a sleeve? thanks in advance

Boolit Master
    You will get individual boxes of 100 taped together in like ten to a stack. Fair warning here, the tray that holds the primers will slide out of the sleeve VERY easily! Very, very easily!!! Ask me how I know. As I am crawling around on the floor looking for individual primers, all over my bench. Found one that somehow made it's way inside a casing that went on the press for decapping. The decapping pin hit that primer and trapped it on top of the one waiting to come out. I though that sure feels like a tough primer, POOF. I didn't go bang or explode, just poof and a little smoke out of the die. The loose primer was impaled in the decapping pin. The strange part was I was positive I had accounted for all the primers, the tray was full. Turns out one of the ones in the tray was a different brand I must have dropped sometime in the past and just found as I was doing the deep search.
    I was told they go into the primer pockets quite hard and I will verify that. So I measured them against cci primers thinking that maybe like shotgun primers they were bigger. They are actually .0005 smaller in diameter than the CCI primers. Half a thousandth. But it looks like they are a thicker sidewall or the anvil is designed differently so that is probably why they go in so hard. After shooting some of them I want to see of the cases are now a loose fit for CCI primers. That would not be good.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Rick i will be extra careful opening them!

I have also had a positive experience with Ginex primers, large rifle in my case. The only hard primers I have encountered, other than in old Czech military pistol ammo, have been lead-free primers manufactured in Russia. In that case, I've actually been able to use LPPs in 308 and 458 Win Mag (standard, factory-type loads), without piercing the primer.

Thanks for righting this up, I haven’t been brave enough to try em yet so now I’ll have an excuse to buy some!

Boolit Mold
    I've tried 100 Ginex primers in both my .38 Super and in one of .38 Spls. Very happy so far.

Boolit Mold
    Ok guys I loaded some 9mm with 125 grn lead cast tc powder coated bullets with 5 grns of cfe pistol and got cratering primers which looked like high pressure. Backed the charge down to 4.3 grns and the primers look identical to the 5grn charge. Has anyone else seen this with these primers or could this just be the "footprint" of this particular gun? It doesnt feel like a max load or close to it when shooting it. This also my first experience with this powder. I am planning on loading up a few with my standby 4 grns of bullseye and see if i get the same looking primer.

Boolit Master
    5 grs. of CFE seems a bit hot for a cast bullet and 125gr.. I run 5.3 with a 115 grain FMJ and that is close to max load.

Boolit Master

Try here on sale

https://krarmory.com/

Boolit Master
    Tried to check out your site recommendation to see if they are legit but the cart will "not send to my location". Tells me to see TOS which says nothing about shipping locations. So basically not so sure this is a legit site. Prices are not all that good to really be interesting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast