Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: 300 Blackout mold

Boolit Bub

300 Blackout mold

Hello Friends:

Need help selecting a 300 Blackout subsonic mold.
    I will be powder coating.
    Could use a powder suggestion also.

Thanks

Boolit Man
    Check Youtube and Full Lead Taco's Bunny Fart Loads. NOE 135 Grain power coat boolit and Trail Boss powder. I tried it in a NEF Handi Rifle and I am afraid it is just a little too much fun!! Minute of clay pigeon at 100 yards with a 2-7 scope.

Boolit Buddy
    There are all sorts of options. For bunny fart loads I use a Lee mold intended for the .32 revolver. They also make a 230g mold specifically for the Blackout and right now Midway has that mold on sale. I was given some bullets from that mold but I never found a load for them I liked and I'm intending to use a 180g Lee RN mold that I bought for use with my other .30's with it. This rifle is normally very forgiving with bullet selection...

Anyway I have the same rifle and it's one of my most fun to shoot rifles. I use 3g of Red Dot with the previously mentioned .23 revolver mold (Lee 311-93-1R.) I get a little over 1000 FPS with this so it's just subsonic with nearly no recoil.

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

I've got the NOE HTC310-225-RN-CE4 mold. I shoot them subsonic and they shoot great in my little 300 BO AR rifle.
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I've got the NOE HTC310-225-RN-CE4 mold. I shoot them subsonic and they shoot great in my little 300 BO AR rifle.
    Could you post up some pictures of loaded and unloaded? That's a nice looking profile.

Boolit Buddy milsurpcollector1970's Avatar
    The Lyman 314299 makes a good subsonic round. No issues with feeding either

Boolit Master

I found a HP 311284 mold that I like allot. The afore mentioned 311299 is similar just pointer.

Never had luck with lee 230. FAR too short bearing surface & small dia. I reamed boat tail out & like magic it shoots great.

The LEE 312-155 2R @ 155g in a good one but GC. So better supah bullet maybe.

I also have a Arsenal 250 slick side thats a dandy with 4198. Dont rem number.

On those Lyman bullets you may want ta keep your powder coat thin as that are near bore riders.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy

I shoot 150 and 135 grain HP mihec bullets and use trail boss @950 ish FPS with a 2-7x32 vortex zeroed at 25yards and its spot on out to 75-100 meters.
    This is a single shot load so it wont work in a gas gun unless you wanna cycle it yourself.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Semi-auto or bolt action? For Semi-Autos I use the NOE version of the 311299 bullet powder coated. For bolt actions just about anything can be made to work assuming it's the right diameter. Powder choice for semi-autos will be important - W296, 1680, Shooter World Blackout, or any of the powders listed in the multitude of published sources will work. For Bolt actions 5.5 grains of Unique will be close to 1050 FPS with any bullet around 200 grains

31-142C with 5gr red dot is fun. PB PCd. Slightly super but no recoil and low noise. Quit a bit of POI drop (6") from 110 vmax @ 50 but 2 groups almost touching this morning. 1:8 CVA scout. Est 1200 fps. If I go to 6 gr I can load 1600 of these puppies from a pound.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    The 200+gr NOE and lee molds both worked well for me, I reamed the boat tail out of the lee mold. 8gr of 2400 cycles my 9" w/ suppressor.

Boolit Bub
    Hello Friends:
    Thanks for the help.
    Went with the NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 4 Cavity PB.
    Placed order on 10-23 was in the mailbox today 10-26.
    Great service from NOE.
    Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

primerhead

Boolit Master

Let us know how it works out.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master

I use the 230 gr Lee. I have never achieved fantastic accuracy, but I never pushed it. I'm running a 10.5" AR suppressed. 50-75 yards is it's intended distance.

Boolit Bub
    I like the Lee 230 gr. but have limited use. I just got the mold and powder coated some and with IMR 4228 getting 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" at 50 yards.