Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An homage to Bill

Boolit Grand Master

RIP Mr Bill! Prayers offered for Family and Friends.

Friends like him are rare. Condolences to all his friends and family. May he rest in peace.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

I am one of the thursday group that got together each week, Bill was a great person to discuss things with and he never seemed to get tired of answering the questions. Bill it has been strange without you at the meetings and now even stranger knowing you will never be there again. RIP friend
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

What a sad loss to our community and fellow cast bullet shooters. Onceabull was a member when I joined long ago, he was Member #25. Down through the years I always enjoyed his shared information and experience. He will be missed, no doubt.

obssd1958, thank you for sharing your personal friendship and memories of a truly good man. We should all be so fortunate to share a friendship with someone such as your and Bill's.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Bill's/Onceabull's service was Saturday. Several of the members from here attended. Thank you for being there.

Moderators, if you like, this can be moved to the "In Remembrance" sub forum.

RIP Bill

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Rest in peace good Sir.

Cast Boolits Owner

Moved as requested.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Bill's/Onceabull's service was Saturday. Several of the members from here attended. Thank you for being there.

Moderators, if you like, this can be moved to the "In Remembrance" sub forum.

RIP Bill

Don
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls" JD

Thank you for sharing.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

I didn't go saturday but did attend the dinner on Friday, Bill will be missed
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    It's been a year now.
    As predicted, Bill's presence is sorely missed.
    He hunted in the Seven Devils area for more than 30 years. This year, his hunting partner for most of those years, Barry, asked me if I would accompany him into the Devils, to help him hunt for a cow elk. I took my camp trailer up on the 27th of September, and Barry stayed there while I attended to obligations in town. His season started on October 1st, and he hunted Sunday and Monday without seeing any sign that elk still inhabited the area. Disappointed but undeterred, Tuesday dawned rainy and wet and he decided to go out anyway. About 8:30 or 9 AM, I heard a shot from the deep draw behind camp. Barry had shot his elk!
    It took the two of us until dark to get his elk up to the old logging road and back to camp. By the way, Barry is 80!
    We shared a lot of memories of Bill while we were in camp, and while we were packing out Barry's elk.

We came home on Thursday, and on a sad note, Barry's wife passed suddenly that next Saturday morning.
    Her funeral is tomorrow.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

This is world is always diminished when people of this caliber leave it. Prayers sent to his family.

Boolit Master

prayers to Barry and his family for their loss
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds as if he left a legacy money cannot buy. My sincere condolences to all that loved him.

Edit to add, I did not notice the year of the original post and have just now read of his wife’s passing. Please accept my apologies for the error and also my continued condolences on your fresh loss.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    You did a fine job in describing him. Very sorry you lost a true friend. Prayers sent.
    Wonderful job indeed!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    We came home on Thursday, and on a sad note, Barry's wife passed suddenly that next Saturday morning.
    Her funeral is tomorrow.
    Dang it!!!

Prayers for all.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update Don. One of the real difficulties with ageing is watching friends pass on. RIP Bill until we meet again.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12