Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: YouTube Alternative?

YouTube Alternative?

Is there an alternative to YouTube where the people who are being banned or are just fed up with their rules are starting to go?
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Rumble

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    Rumble
    Yes and I bought stock in RUM when it was listed a couple of weeks ago to support it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Rumble is the free speech video platform that I have a bookmark for, but there are others, I believe the Reloader's Network has its videos hosted elsewhere.

It's not explicitly a free speech platform, but some YouTube creators who got sick of the nannying and tyranny of the algorithm started Nebula, and I actually subscribe to that. There are some crazy liberals on it, but there is also content that YouTube would consider undesirable because depicts the real world, like certain war documentaries.
    Last edited by Daekar; 10-16-2022 at 08:39 AM.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master

I'd say that no, there isn't much of an alternative site to replace YouTube. The amount of content they have can't be touched by any other site. While I personally don't care for their policies and policing, there isn't anything else out there with the sheer volume and variety of content found on YouTube.

Boolit Master
    Utreon. Unlike almost every other attempt at a YouTube alternative, they actually have a good business model, and therefore a chance at succeeding. They are gun friendly. A lot of the big gun channels are already over there.

Moderator Emeritus

Problem is trying to view the alternate channels on say Roku and such for TV viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Problem is trying to view the alternate channels on say Roku and such for TV viewing.
    Actually, it is super easy to watch Rumble on the Roku. I do it all the time, the only annoyance is that it logs me out every once in a while and I have to go to my Mac computer to get a code.

Mike Belliveau's duelist den is one of my favorites on youtube because of his blackpowder focused content. Evidently he got into a scrap with some liberals on Facebook, who then went to his Youtube channel and started "reporting" his videos as violating their codes of conduct or some such thing.

So Mike started a channel on Rumble, which is where I watch it now. I don't want to support Youtube more than necessary.

Forgotten weapons and Inrange TV have demonetized their Youtube channels and use Patreon and Ultreon for financial support of their work.

It is very sad that we have to look for a place that honor's freedom of speech, especially with any content that relates to our second amendment.

Here is Googles answer to the question Is there an alternative to Youtube? Funny they do not list Rumble.

Image result for Utreon.
    Best Free YouTube Alternatives
    Dailymotion homepage.
    Vimeo homepage.
    Wistia homepage.
    Wistia embedded videos.
    Spotlightr homepage.
    Brightcove homepage.
    Odysee homepage.
    Utreon homepage.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hporter View Post
    Actually, it is super easy to watch Rumble on the Roku. I do it all the time, the only annoyance is that it logs me out every once in a while and I have to go to my Mac computer to get a code.

Mike Belliveau's duelist den is one of my favorites on youtube because of his blackpowder focused content. Evidently he got into a scrap with some liberals on Facebook, who then went to his Youtube channel and started "reporting" his videos as violating their codes of conduct or some such thing.

So Mike started a channel on Rumble, which is where I watch it now. I don't want to support Youtube more than necessary.

Forgotten weapons and Inrange TV have demonetized their Youtube channels and use Patreon and Ultreon for financial support of their work.

It is very sad that we have to look for a place that honor's freedom of speech, especially with any content that relates to our second amendment.
    How do you watch it? I've tried searching for the channels.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    How do you watch it? I've tried searching for the channels.
    On the Roku main menu, on the left side scrolling menu bar, click down until you get to streaming channels. Click that, and it will show a line of suggested channels. Below that first horizontal line of suggestions will be a menu button to "search" channels, click that and just type an R and Rumble will (at least on my Roku a minute ago) show up as the second search "hit".

And here is the "how to add a channel" page from the Roku support website:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756388

(For some reason it wouldn't open on my Mac with the Safari browser, but it opened just fine on the Firefox browser.)

The webpage linked above describes how to do it both from your Roku Device and how to do it from your computer.

Hope this helps.

I have never subscribed to Youtube, as it is Google owned and I dumped my Google account over a decade ago.

But I did subscribe to Rumble as it sends me emails when new content is posted. And also when you add the Rumble channel to the Roku, there is a menu item in Rumble for your subscriptions so that you can easily watch everything from the channels that you follow (probably the same for folks that subscribe to Youtube). I even got 2000 Mules by Dinesh D'Souza to stream on my TV through Rumble. Which was very nice to be able to watch it from the couch instead of having my wife and I sitting on top of each other trying to watch the computer together.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. I was searching for specific channels like full30, which is why nothing came up. Will add Rumble.

Boolit Buddy
    Utah Gun exchange.
    https://ugetube.com/