RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Need info, found some paper-patch bullet moulds

Boolit Buddy

Need info, found some paper-patch bullet moulds

Recently I ran across someone who is selling some bullet moulds, including some that are for paper-patched bullets. Most of them appear to be NEI brand. I was just wondering if there is much demand for these and since NEI is out of business how would I go about determining a value on each one? At this time I don't have a list but plan to go back and take another look at them soon.

Most of those older NEI paper patch designs were made to patch up to groove size. Not many BPCR shooters do that so you may find you have a limited audience. Otherwise they are top quality molds. Maybe keep an eye on completed auctions on Ebay to get a feel for value.

Boolit Master

A bit over 30 years ago, I visited a shop in El Paso and bought an early NEI 300-210-Sp double cavity mould, new in the box. 210 grain spitzer for paper patching the 30 calibers, such as the 30-40 and 30-06. Might also work well in the 30 WCF, say in the Rem 788, for target shooting.

So, I'm curious what LeadHead turns up.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    A bit over 30 years ago, I visited a shop in El Paso and bought an early NEI 300-210-Sp double cavity mould, new in the box. 210 grain spitzer for paper patching the 30 calibers, such as the 30-40 and 30-06. Might also work well in the 30 WCF, say in the Rem 788, for target shooting.

So, I'm curious what LeadHead turns up.
    It's a local guy and I'll be going back to get a complete list, but at least some of the paper-patch moulds were in the .510 caliber range IIRC. A gentleman passed away and a friend is helping the widow sell his shooting/reloading items, which included a LOT of stuff. One of the boxes contains perhaps 20 moulds, most of which are NEI in bullet designs such as described above that most people would not typically want/use. There are lots of less than common die sets as well.