MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: New source of Bee's wax

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split

New source of Bee's wax

I was at a Harvest Festival last weekend with my wife and grand children. While walking through all the craft booths I happened upon
    a local bee keeper. This guy had about 10 pounds of bee's wax along with his wares. I got his card and a pound of wax and a container of his Hot Honey.
    I didn't really need the wax but got it any way so I would have a bit extra. It is good clean wax and has a hint if honey. I know about where his shop is
    and will get more. He was talking to my 8 year old grandson and gave him an ounce of wax and explained to him how the bees produced the wax and
    how long it tool the bees to make that ounce of wax. Real nice down to earth fellow.

The wax was $10 a pound at the Festival, not sure what his normal price is but I figured that was his going rate.

BTW that Hot honey on a hot buttered biscuit is great stuff. The kind of burn that is slow and gives a nice kick in the back of your
    throat. Hotter than the store bought stuff that wasn't hot at all.

That Festival was in Crawfordsville, Arkansas.

Boolit Master

like "hot sauce" hot ? why ?

$10 a pound and in your pocket and gone is an OK price. I probably would have gotten more.

Boolit Grand Master

Having a couple of beekeepers in your area is probably one of the better ways to get beeswax .
    You buy from them regularly and they get to know you . No better place to get good fresh honey . I much prefer it to "store bought " .
    Our phone book ...Yellow Pages ... had a whole listing for beekeepers and beekeeping supplies ... If you are looking for a beekeeper to buy from ... check whatever electronic thing replaced the phone book ... I'm sure some one has an APP for that ... I don't .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=ascast;5472886]like "hot sauce" hot ? why ?

Why not? It is honey with a kick. It is like candied jalapenos sweet and hot.
    I understand that some folks do not like hot stuff and that is perfectly fine and then there are chili heads like me who like to
    try things with a kick.

Boolit Master

I'll be back in the VS section soon, had to take some time off. Finally getting some time and material inventory built back up. Please don't message me yet, not until I am back as a Vendor Sponsor, I don't want to get in the Hot Seat with the head honchos here. Keep checking the VS section.

Boolit Master

Hey Randy, I thought you dropped off the face of the earth, glad to see you come back around. I still have part of that wax I bought from you a couple of years ago.
    I also have an abundance of TAC 2 lube from that kit I bought so many moons ago. That stuff is top notch.

I just happened upon that local bee keeper at a festival a couple of weeks ago. His wax is clean and of a good quality. I never was trying to disparage Just you at all.
    I was glad to find a local guy to get wax from.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the heads up Randy !
    It's great to know you are on the comeback .
    I will keep an eye on Vendor Section ...
    Nice to hear from you .
    A cast boolit shooter can't have too many Beeswax Buddies !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Hi Randy,
    Did you ever come up with a suitable Alox to replace 2138 ? You were testing some a while ago. Just wondering what you came up with that worked.
    What does Lee use?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    I'll be back in the VS section soon, had to take some time off. Finally getting some time and material inventory built back up. Please don't message me yet, not until I am back as a Vendor Sponsor, I don't want to get in the Hot Seat with the head honchos here. Keep checking the VS section.
    Wow, good to hear from you again. Hope you get back up and running soon as I need some more wax. Wife used most of mine to make candles and wood wax.
    Last edited by jonp; 10-23-2022 at 11:13 AM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I just sent No1 the fee for selling on the VS section...I will be selling, but a bit slower than before..took me forever to get my life back from hell (injury with Covid at the same time, bout kicked my butt)

Boolit Buddy

Happy to have you back as a vendor! ��

Boolit Buddy

Glad you are doing better, Randy.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    What kind of pepper is in that hot honey? It sounds good.

Boolit Grand Master

Howdy Randy
    Thanks to God your still with us.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

I put honey and Texas Pete on a biscuit. Good eating!

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome back, Randy. I’ll look forward to doing business with you again as I catch up on my lube making. For those who haven’t dealt with him, my transactions with Randy have been quick and painless. I’m able to get the strange things we DIY lube makers need that only get blank looks anywhere else we ask for them.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Not sure Greg but it is good enough to get your attention and I am a chili head.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    Hi Randy,
    Did you ever come up with a suitable Alox to replace 2138 ? You were testing some a while ago. Just wondering what you came up with that worked.
    What does Lee use?
    That's over my pay grade, I've used it and tested it and use it if I'm in a hurry for light loads, but never went very far with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LenH View Post
    I was at a Harvest Festival last weekend with my wife and grand children. While walking through all the craft booths I happened upon
    a local bee keeper. This guy had about 10 pounds of bee's wax along with his wares. I got his card and a pound of wax and a container of his Hot Honey.
    I didn't really need the wax but got it any way so I would have a bit extra. It is good clean wax and has a hint if honey. I know about where his shop is
    and will get more. He was talking to my 8 year old grandson and gave him an ounce of wax and explained to him how the bees produced the wax and
    how long it tool the bees to make that ounce of wax. Real nice down to earth fellow.

The wax was $10 a pound at the Festival, not sure what his normal price is but I figured that was his going rate.

BTW that Hot honey on a hot buttered biscuit is great stuff. The kind of burn that is slow and gives a nice kick in the back of your
    throat. Hotter than the store bought stuff that wasn't hot at all.

That Festival was in Crawfordsville, Arkansas.
    Local is the way to go!