Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Tray/Cookie sheet for toaster oven

Boolit Master

Tray/Cookie sheet for toaster oven

My toaster oven has two oven racks. I have the OEM tray that I use to bake my pc boolits on one of the oven racks. I would like to make a tray/basket for the second oven rack to double my rate of baking. What is an ideal material to use to make the tray out of? I looked at "rabbit cage wire" and it was 1/2" grid, which is too large for 9mm boolits. The tray is about 6 X12" in size. What did you use to make a tray?

Boolit Bub
    3/32 Alum sheet covered with non-stick alum foil
    works well for me

If you have the wire racks for the oven, just find some baking sheets that will fit in your oven.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Vendor Sponsor

aluminum baking sheets coved in non stick aluminum foil. I am probably over 50 batches on 1 covering of non stick aluminum foil
    just wait till bullets are FULLY cooled and they will fall right over with the wave of your hand touching the bullet tops
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Moderator Emeritus

Hardware cloth comes in 1/8" on up I you need to make a sheet. I use it on the chicken coop to stop unwanted critters.

Boolit Master
    I use something like this
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...kuId=200627505

The ones I found fit the slots in my toaster/convection oven like they were made for it. Got some silicone baking sheets that I put in the bottom of the pan, then the grid. They have made me thousands of bullets so far.

I got my baking sheets for my toaster oven at Walmart, they have lots of different sizes that will fit about any need. I got my two heavy duty, non-stick coated pans for $5 each but I still line them with parchment paper.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by res45 View Post
    I got my baking sheets for my toaster oven at Walmart, they have lots of different sizes that will fit about any need. I got my two heavy duty, non-stick coated pans for $5 each but I still line them with parchment paper.
    + 1

Boolit Master

hardware cloth plus a silicone baking mat if I'm standing the bullets up.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

These silicone ice cube trays make will hold up to .375 bullets. Place the silicone tray in a metal tray to handle while inserting, taking out of the over.

https://www.amazon.com/niceCube-Mini...v%2C92&sr=1-10

Look for a document tray made from mesh. They fit perfectly on a toaster oven rack.

I dump my PC'd bullets into the tray, shake till they aren't stacked on each other, and bake for 8 minutes.

I then remove the tray, and shake / seperate all the bullets from each other, then bake another 12 minutes.

Method works well on everything from 9mm to .512 .

No need to spend time balancing bullets on their base, or waste time when they fall over on the way to or in the oven.
    Last edited by 414gates; 10-19-2022 at 02:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Bub
    I purchased used cookie sheets from the thrift store that were full size sheets. I cut them to fit the dimensions I wanted and bent the ends back up around the sides to make the "perfect" size. I lined mine with a silicone baking mat. I found that the pre-made pans that fit did not utilize the available space well.

1/4 inch hardware loth and a small roll of stainless wire. Make a box out of the hardware cloth, cut the corners, bend over then loop stitch with the SS wire. Set the bullets nose down in the holes, box turned upside down. Then bake. Eliminates a need for a GC.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I use the 6 in.non-stick cake pans from the dollar store.

After baking a batch i use a razor blade to remove any powder that has cooked on the pan.

Been using them for 2 years without any problems.

Boolit Mold
    I have used the trays in the toaster oven and they do well. I then made a tray out of hardware cloth, that stiff 1/4 weave wire, folded the edges to fit the toaster oven. It works really well. It does sag a bit when i load it up well with bullets. But I plan to cut and weave two small rods that will go through the wire and set on the ridges of each side of the oven. I like the wire very well. It gives the bottom of the bullets a better seal and coating. I use needle nose pliers to load and then remove each bullet. I bake them standing up. It takes time but I prefer the results.

I bought several small wire drawer organizers from Amazon. They come in all sizes & work perfect for baking in my double pizza oven.
    https://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-...87&sr=8-8&th=1
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol