Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Choke question

Choke question

Are the "Dead Coyote" chokes, or others like them, anything more than a turkey choke?

Thanks,
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thats what they mostly are depending on the choke constriction. What are you shooting thru it? I use the Patternmaster tube in my Browning Gold 3.5" and it throws the best pattern of buckshot and large shot I have ever seen from any tube made. Check them out, Their good stuff for big shot. For smaller shot I use an Undertaker in my one turkey gun and a Briley turkey tube in the other with straight lands to slow the wad and stop it from spinning before it leaves the muzzle. It definatly improved my patterns with the turkey reloads I shoot with #5 and 6 shot. Im averaging around 30 kill zone pellets(Head and neck vitals) @ 45yds with the Briley and the Undertaker is averaging 15.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    Are the "Dead Coyote" chokes, or others like them, anything more than a turkey choke?

Thanks,
    Never checked my freinds
    But I did pattern some Dead Coyote loads
    In my 11/87 and 870
    A Briley Mod and IM both produce almost exactly the same great patterns at 70 yds

As All the Hevi Shot pellets are a lot harder than any lead pellet
    They take less choke

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Mike, I am shooting them through a Benelli M1 Super 90. I have all Briley chokes up through full. I don't have a turkey choke and am planning on doing some coyote hunting. I was thinking of doing the 2 gun thing. I know you never know until you pattern it, what you really have. I am going to find a place to do some patterning.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.