RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLC313-150-RF load for a CZ 527M 7.62x39 to hunt deer???

Boolit Master

GBCAPT, glad to hear you are having some success. I know that 22 grain load is on the low end and I am sure you could go up a bit with it. I just like it for a great plinking load that doesn't tear up the brass. The Accurate 2200 was originally made as a 7.62x39 powder so it works well. Good luck with your quest!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GBCAPT View Post
    Thanks Intel6

The only load data I have for this particular boolit is the "load note" matrix originated by "Ranchdog" - the designer of this mould. I am unsure how he arrived at this data.

His load note matrix appears to be based on a 20" barrel and does not specify a particular boolit lube. AA1680 is shown at 21.0 grains yielding 1851 fps and 22.2 grains yielding 1954 fps.

There is no listing for AA 2200.

Did you find a source for the 2200 info or get there by other means?

Thanks!
    Ranch Dog came up with his load data by running the numbers through QuickLoad. None of it is actually tested. He picked the powders based on load density. He likes full cases.

Boolit Bub
    I worked up to 23 grains in small numbers of .25 grain increments with new unfired brass, being sure to measure case length, case head diameter and closely inspecting primers before and after firing. This morning at the 23 grain level, I could measure .0005 increase in case head diameter, even though there was no sign of primer flattening.

I also observed that accuracy seemed to deteriorate with every shot. At 100yds from a concrete bench over bags, the first shot was high center of a 1" dot, the second, third, fourth and fifth each drifted progressively further from the aim point. shots 1& 2 were 1 moa, shots 1,2 and 3 grew to 1 1/2 Mao, and all shots grew to 3 moa.

Post shoot cleaning with JB bore paste showed small flecks of what I presume are lead.

So I think 23 grains is a bit over the practical max for my rifle & alloy @.311 sizing. I may shoot another small batch sized at .310 for comparison and then drop back to 22.5 to stay safe.

Boolit Bub
    Tried the .310 sizing at 23 gr of 2200 this A.M.. cases showed no head expansion, however, accuracy degraded significantly - more like a buckshot pattern. A quick swab with a tight patch showed some lead flakes too.

Boolit Bub
    Well, rifle deer season opens in the morning here in central Michigan. My pop up has been in the woods for 10 days, cameras are showing regular traffic with smaller bucks and does and a couple of good bucks at night.

I settled on a load of Lapua bass, primed with Fed 210s behind 22.6 gr of AA2200 seated to the grip groove of the TLC313-150-RF sized .311, gator AL .303 gas checked, lubed with 45/45/10 and with a modest crimp from a Lee FCD and hollow pointed 1/4" deep.

To verify everything is copacetic, I was at the range at 8:00 and fired three shots @ a 1" dot on the 100 yard range with a cold clean dry bore from bags with no cooling time between shots. All three shots were in the 1" dot, recoil was mild, but velocity remains unknown.

So we will see what tomorrow morning brings!

Thanks to everyone for the help!
    Last edited by GBCAPT; 11-21-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Master
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Kosh75287; 11-14-2022 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Senior Moments
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Good luck! Sorry I missed this one - I used to load the NOE 129gr boolit for my CZ 527M/CSR before it went bye bye for medical bills. That little pill was wicked accurate! Think I still have the mold somewhere...

...I doubt that, other conditions being equal, PPU cases can give the same group results as LAPUA.
    About the Forster HPer, I own a Forster tool that works exclusively in manual mode, composed of a drill bit and a concave guide, to be held in the hand, which houses the tip of the ogive _
    maybe I'm not up to date, but is there a conversion to apply it to a Forster Case Trimmer, or have they marketed an ad hoc one?
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Bub
    My 2022 deer season ended yesterday with my second yearling doe hanging in the equipment shed. Both were pass thru shots at maybe 45 yards - no boolits recovered. One shot kills with neither doe traveling more than a few yards and dead before I could get to them. I saw a couple of good bucks on my camera's but only at night.

So now it's time to work on bettering my load for next season!

Thanks for members that responded to my post!

Boolit Master

Glad to hear everything worked out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12