RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: Johnsons liquid floor wax?

Boolit Buddy

Johnsons liquid floor wax?

This has been discontinued for awhile now and many alternatives have proven worthy. I'm just wondering...what is a can of this worth nowadays? I have enough for the rest of my life, even if I part with a can or two. Yellow 22 oz. can with blue top and blue stripe.

Boolit Grand Master

IDK, I have two cans on shelf I bought when I heard the news. Be interesting to hear but maybe not much considering the limited amount of people that use it like us and powder coating coming into it's own
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

there are enough other options now so it does not have the "demand" that it once did but its still worth a fair bit
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

To me? Nothing. Someone will buy it for twice what it cost you though. “New old stock.”
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Diluted with mineral spirits equal parts by volume this is a great film-coat, tumble-lube for .38 and .45 wadcutter, performs identically to commercial Johnson Glo-coat floor wax which we bought and used from5-gallon buckets. When in the commercial reloading business back in the 1980s we loaded well over a million rounds of training and practice rounds for East Coast PDs and never had a complaint.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    This has been discontinued for awhile now and many alternatives have proven worthy. I'm just wondering...what is a can of this worth nowadays? I have enough for the rest of my life, even if I part with a can or two. Yellow 22 oz. can with blue top and blue stripe.
    they go for $50 to $100 on the popular auction website.
    For the last two years, I priced a opened can (half full) at two saw bucks and put it on my gunshow table, had some lookers, but it hasn't sold yet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

I was aware of the Johnson paste wax use for lube but I was not aware of the liquid being used as lube.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I was aware of the Johnson paste wax use for lube but I was not aware of the liquid being used as lube.
    I believe it was the original component for the popular Ben's Liquid Lube.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Ludmarks is the replacement and it’s use with mineral spirits and Alox to make Ben’s liquid lube! A great companion to Ben’s red!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Ludmarks is the replacement and it’s use with mineral spirits and Alox to make Ben’s liquid lube! A great companion to Ben’s red!
    Thanks, it appears easy to find https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lundmark-...32-6/781891070
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I believe it was the original component for the popular Ben's Liquid Lube.
    Yes it was and still is. It's all I have ever used and have never given thought to switching over to powder coating.

Boolit Buddy
    Johnsons liquid was an original component for 45-45-10 tumble lube - don't know if it is the same as Ben's. When it was discontinued the solid paste version when melted served as an adequate replacement. Made one batch and have some paste left. Even a pint of 45-45-10 lasts a long, long time.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NEKVT View Post
    Johnsons liquid was an original component for 45-45-10 tumble lube - don't know if it is the same as Ben's. When it was discontinued the solid paste version when melted served as an adequate replacement. Made one batch and have some paste left. Even a pint of 45-45-10 lasts a long, long time.
    45-45-10 used Johnson’s Paste Wax, not the liquid wax. The original post is in the stickies. Both Johnson’s Paste and Liquid are discontinued.

Boolit Buddy
    You are correct. Looking back I was searching for liquid wax when discontinued to make the simpler liquid wax/LLA lube but ended up getting the paste and using it for 45-45-10 as the alternative.