Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Aid

Boolit Master

Smile Hearing Aid

I had to have hearing aids a few years back, went to the hearing center and ended up with one aid as my right ear is dead and no hope of resurrection. Well that one aid cost me $3800 and that was 8 years ago, I was never real pleased with it but I could hear better. Eight years pass and i need to upgrade, I am to old now to spend another $4000 and don't need them after I am gone so I tried some that cost $89 they worked but the background noise was bad so I ordered some from a different company and for $100 I can hear better than I have in 30 years and it is more like natural than the others, so I can recommend them. They are from AUDIEN and called ATOM pro. Good to be hearing sort of normal again I can sit somwhere beside the front row
    Frank G.

Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a hearing aid better than the $120 one I've got, but will be darned if I'll spend $4k to $5k for one. I had a Songbird that worked well, but lost it at an auction, and when I went to buy another they were no longer in business.
    Cognitive Dissident

Do they just amplify, or can you tune them like a graphic equalizer?
    Do they have a phone app?

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a hearing aid better than the $120 one I've got, but will be darned if I'll spend $4k to $5k for one. I had a Songbird that worked well, but lost it at an auction, and when I went to buy another they were no longer in business.
    I wear two and they cost me about $7000.
    They help a lot but the ringing in my ear is so bad I still have problems understanding.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Do they just amplify, or can you tune them like a graphic equalizer?
    Do they have a phone app?
    They turn up with a tiny screw driver provided. I don't know but they are better than my $4000 ones and I can eat better to.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I had to have hearing aids a few years back, went to the hearing center and ended up with one aid as my right ear is dead and no hope of resurrection. Well that one aid cost me $3800 and that was 8 years ago, I was never real pleased with it but I could hear better. Eight years pass and i need to upgrade, I am to old now to spend another $4000 and don't need them after I am gone so I tried some that cost $89 they worked but the background noise was bad so I ordered some from a different company and for $100 I can hear better than I have in 30 years and it is more like natural than the others, so I can recommend them. They are from AUDIEN and called ATOM pro. Good to be hearing sort of normal again I can sit somwhere beside the front row
    Where did you order them for $100.00 ? pm me ??

Boolit Master
    audienhearing.com
    Frank G.

They don't get good reviews on Amazon, for what that's worth.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    They turn up with a tiny screw driver provided. I don't know but they are better than my $4000 ones and I can eat better to.
    Is that because you can hear the lettuce and celery crunching?

DG

Boolit Master
    Are these in the ear models or behing the ear? I hope I'm clear. I'm on my 4th set of aids over the last 35 years. I just bought my 4th set 2 weeks ago and they are light years ahead of what I bought 10 years ago.

Boolit Master
    They are in the ear and so far are fine, but haven't had them long time will tell.
    Frank G.

Galena Guru

I'm deaf from all my years in the Navy and being a Gunner to boot , then a lifetime of shooting afterwards .. I finally broke down a few months ago after retiring ( again ) and went to the VA and got a set .. Sposed to be around 5 grand for them from what I have found searching online .. Sucks still , have had tinnitus and severe hearing loss since early 20's ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Boolit Master
    It takes awhile for your brain to learn sounds again. I quit wearing mine for too long a time, now with these new ones I'm having to learn some sounds I'd forgotton. BUT, I can hear birds in the forest again! I bought the mid level Opticons
    Last edited by Mr Peabody; 10-07-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Boolit Master

I guess you just have to decide how much good hearing is worth to you.
    My set of Oticons cost me $6500.

Boolit Master
    I'm wearing Resound One tear 9 (loaded with everything) behind the ear. $3500 and worth every penny I paid! I thought all the birds had died off before I got these hearing aids! Are they like Good made? No, but they are darn close! I tried to tell my dad the electronics have advanced light years since his 15 year old ones!

Boolit Master
    I bought a set from Costco 2005 or so that were not Bluetooth. In about 2018 went to VA, they tested me and found I had a hearing problem after a dozen test before. They gave me a set of Oticon’s, not as good as my old Costco's but they have Bluetooth. My Costco filtered the background much better than the Oticon’s. I am told that after about two years all start degrading, don't know but agree that after a few years they are not as good as when I got them. I went in for a checkup on the Oticon’s and the tec added 3 programs to my iPhone app for a total of 4 that helped with the background which will extend their use for me. I was where I was looking to go get another new pair. I have a small horse farm and wear them no matter what the weather or temp so they are abused.

That 3k$ is mostly going to line peoples pockets.

This is what I went to. But mostly I'm not wearing them either.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

80$ ea or 155$ for a pair, rechargeable. No wasting money on battery's.

Mostly I stopped wearing mine because my wifes voice has changed, dropped down into my good range where I can hear her. And I stopped letting her talk over her shoulder as she walked out of the room. You want to talk to me, want me to understand, don't want to have to repeat it 3 times, come sit next to me and TALK to me instead of AT me.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Well I guess $4000 to $6000 is a ok and i am sure they are much better but there is no way it i either hear or eat and pay gas lights and water, and i am not complaining just being realistic.
    Frank G.

VA will even pay for cochlear implants. My doctor (ex Army) has them on both sides. Medicare? Nada. Even $1000 is a strain for me.
    Cognitive Dissident

Thank you for this post. My father in law needs a pair and won’t pay the $3K each. These are worth a try!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast