RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Muddy River Tactical Holster Clip

Boolit Master

Muddy River Tactical Holster Clip

A while back I ordered an IWB holster from Muddy River Tactical (MRT) for my KelTec P17, a gun which had some teething issues but was fixed by KelTec and is now darn near perfect. At any rate, the holster I got from MRT was great and fit the pistol like a glove, with proper retention right out of the box. As originally configured, though, it rode a bit high on my waist and even with a wing the grip caused printing issues in T-shirts. My other AIWB holster for my J-frames rides lower, and is as close to ideal for my body shape as I could ask. The reason for the issue was that the belt clip for the holster seemed a bit too short for my body type. Thus...

I applied the calipers to the original clip and drew up a few variations, one the same as stock, one extended by 10mm, and one extended by 20mm. The 20mm version fits me perfectly, and so far has proven durable enough when printed out of PETG. Time will tell how long that will last, of course. The stl files for each version are below, with FreeCAD versions so you can modify them if you like. I expect that they will be a direct replacement for any of their IWB holsters with the low mounting point.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai1vOh-pEJ30i-ct...LERWw?e=5SlLn1

If you are printing out of PLA, you might want to do some strength testing before really trusting this design, it isn't altered from the original in any meaningful way. PLA is stiffer than PETG, but not quite as strong.
    Last edited by Daekar; 10-05-2022 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Embarrassing spelling error and repeated use of the word "perfect"
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.