Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners

Thread: Firearm Shipping

Boolit Buddy

Firearm Shipping

Has anyone one used SMG (Ship My Gun) shipping service provided by Buds Guns? Any problems? I know long guns can still go thru USPS but I may be selling off some hand guns in the near future and without ups or fed-ex this is what's left. I haven't checked with local FFL's about shipping thru them.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

It is getting very difficult to ship a handgun. One avenue that currently seems to remain open is for an FFL or C&R to ship via USPS to another licensee.

Something else you might want to consider: I'm currently liquidating a large part of my lifetime collection, about half and half pistols and long guns. Due to my rural location and recent policy changes with UPS and Fed-Ex I contacted an online auction company. They come to your home/business and pick up the guns you wish to sell. They catalog them in your presence and provide an estimated value for insurance (which has nothing to do with the actual sale--just in case they are lost or damaged before being auctioned), transport them to the auction house, list them with very detailed photos and descriptions on Gunbroker.com. Following the auction they pack and ship to the new owners. All of this for a 20% fee--no other charges.

DG

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I would do some customer review searches first. I seem to recall having some problems with them in the past.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!