MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ginex Bosnian primers

Boolit Buddy

Ginex Bosnian primers

I feel this has been discussed before, but has anyone have experience with the Ginex primers? A buddy just ordered 1k lrp and 1k srp.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    I bought 5K of SP this summer. They work fine. I did notice that they were a tiny bit larger in diameter than domestic primers. Once in a while if you have a case with a tighter primer pocket, a little more effort is needed to seat them. The plus side is, cases that have been reloaded many times, that domestic primers are a bit loose in, and otherwise to be discarded, the fit is perfect with these primers, extending the use of the cases.

Boolit Master

No personal experience, but I read a post a while back that a fella did have a couple duds, but they were rare. I think it was 2-3 out of a brick. Just this evening, I finally used my very last regular small pistol primer. Thankfully I do have 3-4 bricks of magnums, and 7-8 bricks of Small Rifle, both of which I can substitute. Considering I made it over 2 years, and never overpaid, I think I did ok.

If I saw the Ginex primers for a reasonable price, I'd buy some. I shot the crap out of the old Tula primers. Definitely not CCI's, but for $28 a brick I wish I had bought a pallet.

Boolit Master
    I bought a bunch of Unis Ginex LPP on sale (Graf's I think) back when Americans ran the country. I've never had an FTF. No complaints here. I too wish I'd bought a pallet.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Shot View Post
    ...back when Americans ran the country.
    Too true, that.

I bought a few bricks of Ginex LPPs this summer. I've only used around 100 so far but they have all fired without trouble.

Boolit Master

I bought 20 thousand a few years ago ,5000 each of LR SR LP SP, they have worked well for me.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GBertolet View Post
    I bought 5K of SP this summer. They work fine. I did notice that they were a tiny bit larger in diameter than domestic primers. Once in a while if you have a case with a tighter primer pocket, a little more effort is needed to seat them. The plus side is, cases that have been reloaded many times, that domestic primers are a bit loose in, and otherwise to be discarded, the fit is perfect with these primers, extending the use of the cases.
    Yeah..aguila case are a pita to prime with slightly larger primers... I had to use an ID chamfer tool to make a bevel to seat them in aguila cases.

Boolit Master
    How do their magnum primers perform?