Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: WTS: Various PTG Chamber Reamers and Range Rods.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."

WTS: Various PTG Chamber Reamers and Range Rods.

WTS: Various Chamber Reamers and Range Rods.

The text in the photos make this all kind of Self-Explanatory. I'm selling these Chamber Reamers that I purchase brand new several years ago for some rebarreling projects I was working on.

Some of you may or may not recall that I had rebarrreled my K31 Swiss Rifle. I rechambered it in the 6.5 Mauser cartridge and I liked the mild recoil of this cartridge so much that I decided to buy a dedicated 6.5 Tikka rifle. (I reverted my K31 back to its stock configuration with no ill effects)

I then got a wild hair up my butt and decided to rebarrel the Tikka rifle in the same 6.5 Mauser chambering but, with a 26" barrel rather than the 23" barrel that the Tikka came with. Success: even though it turned out to be a nose heavy rifle.

The 223 Akley Improved Chamber Reamer is one I also bought a year or two after completing the K31-Project. I'd gotten my confidence up in being able to successfully rebarrel and rechamber my own barrels by then.

I turned and spiral fluted my own shorter (but still way too heavy for my liking) barrel for my 223 Remington Tikka-Lite rifle. I then got another wild hair up my butt and decided to make my own Carbon-Fiber-Wrapped-Barrel for this same 223 Remington Tikka Lite Rifle.

It was a shorter 17" long Carbon-Fiber-Wrapped-Barrel that I'd made and installed. The factory barrel length was about 23". I knew I'd be losing some velocity if I stayed with the shorter barrel and the 223 Remington chambering.

I decided to chamber my DIY Carbon-Fiber-Wrapped-Barrel in the 223 Akley Improved chambering to bring my velocities back in line with a full-length barrel. This gave me both the lighter varmint rifle I was after, and it allowed me to retain the accuracy it had before.

The last item I'm selling is a 30 Caliber Range-Rod. I bought this about ten years ago when I did my very first rebarreling project. I rebarreled and rechambered my old Lee Enfield rifle.

I rechambered it in what some might think is an odd-ball chambering. I made it into a 308-303. (true 30 caliber 308 bullets and 303 brass) I could use the same brass as the 303 necked down to 308 caliber. It worked out great cause I had a few 30 caliber rifle bullet molds at the time that I could use to feed this Enfield with.

Sorry for the long-winded descriptions but, all of this to say that these Chamber Reamers and Range Rods were used successfully with good results. They are still in excellent condition. If it turns out that no one here is interested in any of these items well, you still got some background information about these items out of it.

I can accept either a Postal Money Orders or a money transfer via the Zelle App.
    I canceled my PayPal account a few weeks ago. They had become far too cumbersome to deal with, so I had to let them go.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

223 Akley Improved Reamer is SOLD pending receipt of payment. Payment is in the mail.
    This leaves the three Range Rods and the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser Chamber-Reamer still available.

CLOSED

HollowPoint
    Last edited by HollowPoint; 10-12-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Boolit Master

I'll take the .223 Ackley reamer.

Is it $75 total, correct?

I'll send you a PM.
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I'll take the .223 Ackley reamer.

Is it $75 total, correct?

I'll send you a PM.
    That would be $75.00 plus the price of shipping in a Flat-Rate USPS shipping box. I think they're about eight or nine bucks now days.

Boolit Master
    Bumping this up closer to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    That would be $75.00 plus the price of shipping in a Flat-Rate USPS shipping box. I think they're about eight or nine bucks now days.
    Sent SFRB Tuesday, cost $10.40 with no frills.
    Plus extra $15 for other containers which are over a certain length(ie. barrels & stocks).
    YMMV

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kywoodwrkr View Post
    Sent SFRB Tuesday, cost $10.40 with no frills.
    Plus extra $15 for other containers which are over a certain length(ie. barrels & stocks).
    YMMV
    Actually, the reamers with the solid pilots are about 104-bucks when purchased new from PTG not counting tax and shipping. Oddy enough, the 6.5 and .22 Range Rods cost 78-bucks also not counting tax and shipping. The thirty-caliber range rod is only 61-bucks when purchased new.

I knew that the small flat rate boxes were somewhere in the eight to nine dollar range. The price must have gone up in the past couple of weeks.

I just shipped a Ceiner 22 conversion kit in a small flat rate box and I seem to remember it costing about eight or nine bucks. No matter. a dollar or two isn't going to make or break me.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    Bumping this up one last time before closing it out.
    Thanks to those who took the time to look.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    This post is now CLOSED

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to check it out.

HollowPoint

Thread closed. Moved to S&S Completed Deals.

DG