Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: USPS drives me nuts

Boolit Master

USPS drives me nuts

My mailbox is about 4 miles away over bad road so unless I'm expecting something I usually don't check it unless I'm going by. Today I stopped because my laser sight should have been delivered and it was, along with it was a notice from the 28th that I had a package that wasn't delivered because of due postage. It also said that final notice was 9/29 and next to the checked package mark was the written word return. In the old days they would just put a little envelope in with a postage due note and the amount, you'd leave them the money and they'd leave your package, but not anymore.

The post office doesn't answer their phone and is around 60 miles away, and the next time I plan to be in town is Wednesday. Of course they don't give me a tracking number so that I can try and figure out if I even care about this package. I've looked and I'm not expecting any package by mail, and neither the wife or I have sent anything in so long we can't remember when so I can't figure this "return".

The wife is out of town so thanks for letting me vent.

Most usps locations have a service you can sign up for that sends info of what is being delevered today. Its called informed delivery. It even includes pictures of the letters inbound. Its done at your major distribution hub, not the local office.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    We are on pretty good relations with both our mail carriers. We track our mail with tracking numbers and a program called 'Informed Mail' which gives us a scanned or photographed picture of the mail coming that day. We also track the packages with the shipping numbers through text.

Once in awhile I'll get delivered text, but it's not delivered. The female post person showed up on our driveway and said that she can geographically track where the package was delivered. Sure enough just as she was pulling into the house down the street the guy was coming out to meet her.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XDROB; 09-30-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    Most usps locations have a service you can sign up for that sends info of what is being delevered today. Its called informed delivery. It even includes pictures of the letters inbound. Its done at your major distribution hub, not the local office.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I've got that and no package is set to be delivered other than my laser site which was. Another reason I'm scratching my head on this one.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    We are on pretty good relations with both our mail carriers. We track our mail with tracking numbers and a program called 'Informed Mail' which gives us a scanned or photographed picture of the mail coming that day. We also track the packages with the shipping numbers through text.

Once in awhile I'll get delivered text, but it's not delivered. The female post person showed up on our driveway and said that she can geographically track where the package was delivered. Sure enough just as she was pulling into the house down the street the guy was c owing out to meet her.

My problem is living in the middle of nowhere, our carrier is contracted by the post office and since the old guy doing it retired we have different carriers almost every day, and that I think is because the after a couple of days on the route they quit because it is a terrible terrible route.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lancem View Post
    My problem is living in the middle of nowhere, our carrier is contracted by the post office and since the old guy doing it retired we have different carriers almost every day, and that I think is because the after a couple of days on the route they quit because it is a terrible terrible route.
    That's to funny. (Not really) Do you have any idea of the tracking number that you can call the post office to track it.

Boolit Master

That's to funny. (Not really) Do you have any idea of the tracking number that you can call the post office to track it.

No, they didn't leave me a tracking number, and there is even a blank on the form, "the item was sent by" and it was left blank. Oh and the post office doesn't answer their phone, I literally have called the number, laid the phone down and come back in a half hour and it is still ringing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lancem View Post
    No, they didn't leave me a tracking number, and there is even a blank on the form, "the item was sent by" and it was left blank. Oh and the post office doesn't answer their phone, I literally have called the number, laid the phone down and come back in a half hour and it is still ringing.
    Is there another Post Office you can call?

Boolit Master

Is there another Post Office you can call?

Next closest one is 4 hours away and I'm sure they don't give 2 cents what is going on here. Why I hate USPS

I feel sorry for a lot a you guys, and the trouble you have with deliveries.

I live in Mayberry, and the post mistress lives across the ditch from me. We don't have home delivery here, but about a thousand of us have PO boxes at our little local Post Office right in the middle of town. It's quite a social hot-spot, and the door is open from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. There is about a hundred lock boxes in the place that will fit packages that won't fit in our PO box. If a package comes, Cindy leaves a key in the PO box that opens the larger box. If something comes on a Saturday, just knock on the door and one of the gals will open up an give it to ya. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

we make sure and load the mail lady up with produce from the garden every year. we are in the same situation with long drive way in middle of nowhere, she brings packages right to front door.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Moderator Emeritus

Almost the same boat except mine is only 3/4 mile away and the post office only about 5 minutes or so but still a pain driving on the shale/dirt road that I have to patch again. We use the informed delivery which is pretty good but not always accurate. I probably get my mail about once a week as I am on a disability retirement and gf works from home. Luckily my post office has good folks in it as the town itself supposedly has about 500 people. We use the same mailing city even though we are in another county. Good luck. It will probably turn out to be one of those bs things you never ordered but they want money from you.

Boolit Buddy
    While the USPS is not perfect, it is preferable to the "other" options. Lived in a place that had mail deliveries only two days a week. It too was a 'social hub' on delivery days!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.