Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS, still great service

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS, still great service

So I needed the primer rod, small and large, for my old RCBS APS hand prime.
    Couldn't find anything on it on their web site.
    To old.
    Left a call back for me to speak to someone.
    A few minutes later they called back.
    We went through what I needed.
    Closed Friday, so part should go out on Monday.
    Talk about great service.
    I was worried the service would change when they got bigger.
    Same great service as before.
    I wish all companies had the same service.

Boolit Master

The very few parts I have broken over the years have been replaced for no charge. Great service.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

I have actually had them replace lost parts.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

RCBS , best service in industry - Lee Precision should follow their lead -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I gotta say RCBS is awesome. I had to have a buddy store my gear once. Basically a RCBS master kit.
    1st - my fault for not packing it in a tub or tote. I really should have known better.
    It was stored in a garage, in Fargo, over winter, and then flooded in the spring. it sat in that box for a full year before my buddy went... uh... I think your box got wet...

Everything was in pretty rough shape. pretty rusty. I called RCBS, asked them if it could be repaired, they suggested I send it to them and they would look. Mailed the whole works to them. A few weeks later, an entire new kit showed up at my door. no charge, no questions asked.

I am a customer for life, and will always take a moment to promote them.

Then again, in all honesty I have to say dillon and Hornady have been awesome too. no complaints anywhere.

RCBS is one of my go to's when I don't want to send it back. I have never had to send any thing back! Dillon, And Hornady are trouble free.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

If you gall it, torque it, wrench it, hammer it into submission, or if it gives up on its own, RCBS will ordinarily replace it for free (except I think electronics from China), no questions asked, even if you didn't do it or are not the original owner.

Part of an estate I purchased included used RCBS dies, one of which turned out to be chipped (carbide die iirc) and another was cracked lengthwise. How they got that way IDK. I did not do that and can only speculate.

I contacted RCBS. They asked me to send them back. I did not mind the cost for return shipping. They replaced them with new dies, free, sending them to me on their nickel. Gotta love that...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I haven't had to contact them more than a couple of times but they've treated me just as well. Customer for life here, too.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

It looks like they might be getting caught up, I found some`40-65 Shiloh dies last month and some 50-90 dies from them yesterday.

My favorite RCBS story is after buying a set of .38 S&W dies to find them 38 Special dimensions . RCBS had me send them back along with 5 pieces of brass from my gun. I received dies custom ground for my several Colt Police Positives and a nice note from the machinist that did the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    My favorite RCBS story is after buying a set of .38 S&W dies to find them 38 Special dimensions . RCBS had me send them back along with 5 pieces of brass from my gun. I received dies custom ground for my several Colt Police Positives and a nice note from the machinist that did the work.
    recently had exact same problem with a set of Lee carbide .38 S&W dies + Lee did absolutely nothing to correct problem at all - i will never again buy any Lee product !!! -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy
    I was trying to set up loading for my grandsons 9mm, and found a set of RCBS dies, missing the decaping stem. I called the company and the lady asked me what kind of box the dies came in, I could not tell her since I got them out of a junk box of stuff I had gotten many years ago. She sent me the part no cost, I had expected to pay for it. Later I found the box, it was a cardboard box, green and black, so it was many years old! Part worked fine!

Steve

Boolit Mold
    They've got fantastic service for sure, I've had them replace some damaged/lost parts without any issues, and even a damaged carbide sizer die as referenced above. . .best customer service team around far as I'm concerned.

Tom

They have been excellent when I've called them.

Boolit Master

I had problems with the RCBS hand primer and being a cave man, I messed up one of the plastic inserts that the shell-holder sits on. Inquired about buying a new one, and RCBS set me a new set, large primer and small primer insert free of charge.

Turns out the older RCBS type shell holders for the reloading press/and priming tool don't fit on the post of plastic primer insert. Had to purchase new shell holders that are made to fit the plastic insert.

Great service from RCBS!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Buddy
    Like most of RCBS's customer's, I rarely have any problems or issues with their products. I remember breaking a RCBS bullet puller a few years back [my fault]. After calling them to get new parts, they sent me a brand new one, post haste, at no charge to me. Now, that is REAL service and I'll be a loyal customer until I'm looking at the radishes from the root side!

RCBS mostly makes good stuff but no all things are looked at the same. My high priced and expensive electronic powder scale crapped out after 5 months and they would not fix it unless I pre-paid for the service plus shipping both ways so it now sets in the shop ready for the dump.

Boolit Mold
    I recently sent them a turret that did not work right on my press. When I turned it clockwise, it would tighten and stop turning, counterclockwise, it would loosen up so much, the turret would raise when sizing. Not good. They sent me a new one on their dime, works great. Have not had any problems with their electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    RCBS mostly makes good stuff but no all things are looked at the same. My high priced and expensive electronic powder scale crapped out after 5 months and they would not fix it unless I pre-paid for the service plus shipping both ways so it now sets in the shop ready for the dump.
    When I bought my Pro Melt II it specifically said that it was NOT warrantied for life. I don't know if they will replace the non-electrical parts or not, but I do know if the PID goes bad it's on me. Lyman was the same.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    One of the welds on the yoke (part the handle attaches to) of a Lube-a-matic let go. No telling how old or how many bullets have been through that tool. I called and, the man who answered was very friendly and helpful. New part on the way, no charge. I like RCBS stuff.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast