Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Traditions Pursuit XLT

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Traditions Pursuit XLT

I've been wanting a newer inline and ended up winning a used but nice looking Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 caliber for $205.00 on GB. Looks like it has a 26" ported barrel and silver Cerakote finish. I've been looking at the Traditions line for awhile, the stocks fit me better than most others and I like the longer barrel and easily removed breech plug. May get the musket cap conversion kit since, at present, those are much easier to find here than primers. I'm planning to use 200 grain .44 caliber boolits in sabots and 250 grain Lee REALs. Anybody have experience with this rifle?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Tried out the 200 grain Lee bullets in a sabot today. 80 grains T7 is the sweet spot in my rifle. Got a few cloverleaf's at 65 yards which is as good as I can do with any gun that has sights. These like to be pushed harder than round balls, groups open up quite a bit with less than 80 grains. Really liking this rifle so far. The easy to remove breech is awesome and the Williams Fire Sights I added work great.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.