Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Ford monster truck

Boolit Master

Ford monster truck

Is the new Ford monster truck powered by batteries? I see lots of ads on TV but they don't mention what powers it.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

If it's the one I've seen talked about it's an even bigger V-8 but I don't know details. I'm not in the market for a new truck because of the $$$ involved.

Boolit Master
    At my age, I am not in the market either. I did see a truck recently that I would love to own. It was F-100 And made around 1970, it looked to be about two years old. The man who owned had really taken care of it. I had an f-100 made in 1969 and drove it for 39 years. Wish I had it back.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    At my age, I am not in the market either. I did see a truck recently that I would love to own. It was F-100 And made around 1970, it looked to be about two years old. The man who owned had really taken care of it. I had an f-100 made in 1969 and drove it for 39 years. Wish I had it back.
    I had one of those, Three on the tree.

I had a 1967 F100 with the Cruise o matic transmission and a 352 ci V8. It would fly. Smoothly with the twin I beam suspension.
    I paid $500 for it in 1981 and stupidly sold it for $900 3 years later.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]305078[/ATTACHHere’s my ‘67. Belonged to my dad. 3 on the tree 6 cylinder. No radio; A/C; or “power” anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C4EC2725-A668-4242-B484-27C1646845FA.jpg  
    Last edited by txbirdman; 09-28-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The first truck I ever drove had a three on the tree. I wonder how many of us are left who even saw one, let alone drove a vehicle with one?

Boolit Grand Master
    My "63" Chevy had one. It was a ***, but got me to school and back. IIRC, in the Winter, the heater was just about ready to use, by the time I got to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    The first truck I ever drove had a three on the tree.
    My first two were like that.
    A '65, then a '67 Chevy 1/2 ton with a hot water 6, and power --nothing.

There's a bushing that trashes out in the column shifter that makes it get stuck in 1st gear,
    so I had to put a Hurst floor shifter in both.

I always liked the Ford versions better since they had a synchronized 1st gear so you didn't have to do a full stop
    to get it into first. GM didn't put a syncro in 1st till the mid 70s or so.

I missed those manual trans. When I got the '06 F250, I got it with a 6 speed.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Is the new Ford monster truck powered by batteries? I see lots of ads on TV but they don't mention what powers it.
    The data I've seen shows a 6.8L V8, up from the previous 6.2L, two versions of the Power Stroke diesel engine, and optional 7.3L "Godzilla" V8.

I learned to drive on a 63 chevy panel truck with a 3 on the tree. I was 15 working on a large construction site for my father’s company. We used it to transport tools and material around the site. The boss said, “ do you know how to drive?”. I said “ I don’t have a drivers license”. He said, “I didn’t ask you if you had a license. I asked you if you knew how to drive.” By the end of the summer, I was an old pro
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

The first truck I ever drove had a three on the tree. I wonder how many of us are left who even saw one, let alone drove a vehicle with one?
    I'm 55. My first vehicle was a 1959 F-1 with a 6 cylinder and a 3 on the tree. I sold it back in the 80's. I now have my grandfathers F-100 in the barn and I am slowly getting it back into driving condition. It has a 292 Y-block and 3 speed on the column. We/they're out there.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    My first truck was a 69 Ford, three on the tree. most youngsters probably don't even know what that is. ran it til the Pa salt trucks rusted it apart.
    Barry

Boolit Grand Master

Dads Bronco. Learned how to drive it on a frozen lake like many of my friends did. Nothing to hit out there
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

Godzilla V8, supposed to be the most powerful V8 offered in a truck. Ford so far is NOT abandoning the V8 engines!

We also had a 1958 Ford pickup with a 292 Y block with a three speed and factory overdrive. Us boys tore up two transmissions before Dad dropped a 4 speed ( with Granny gear) transmission in it.
    I miss the real trucks that we had back then; but I’d hate to spend Texas summers with no AC like we did!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Godzilla V8, supposed to be the most powerful V8 offered in a truck. Ford so far is NOT abandoning the V8 engines!
    Ford hasn't gone "all in" on electric vehicles the way some manufacturers claim they will.

We have an F250 with the 6.7 diesel. The gasoline powered engines make enough power, but considering their range when only getting 6 mpg and the difficulty of finding gas stations where a pickup can pull up to the pump with a large trailer, we selected the diesel so we can fuel up at truck stops. I don't know how anyone can think an electric truck is acceptable at this point if you are traveling more than 50 miles with a load.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Supposed to be, but how will it compare to the tried and proven good 'ol 390?