RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Source for 50-90 brass

Source for 50-90 brass

I've got about 50 rounds of 50 2.5 brass for my Shiloh. I spent 29 years in the LEO business and really had quit shooting except for work. For most of that time I was shooting 10k rounds a year in training and competition and burned out. I'm way behind on the brass and powder situation now! I retired last month and want to shoot my Shilohs, I found plenty of 1.5 Swiss, dug out my molds, found some 45-70 brass, but 50-90 brass seems to be tough. Any advice? I did order a box of loaded ammo from BACO, so now I'm up to 70.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Keep an eye on Huntingtons, Track of the Wolf, BACO and Guns International, and in the meantime maybe Starline will get caught up and run a batch.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy
    What Don said.

I got my initial 40 rounds of 50 2 1/2" Sharps brass from Huntington's when I went there to buy 50-90 dies. Then I stumbled on a bag of 50 at Track of the Wolf while looking for something else.

Dave

Boolit Master
    Starline has .50-90 brass available as a backorder.That generallly means that is being produced now.

Boolit Mold
    It's a pretty uncommon cartridge to find in stock anywhere. Just put in your order for Starline and wait. I had to wait about about 1 1/2 years for a bag of .50-70 in the middle of Covid. No one else in the U.S makes it. I called Starline after several months of waiting. They said they do a run whenever enough orders have piled up, usually about once a year. I expect they do all the .50-xx together.

There is (or at least was) a company in Australia making .50-xx brass but they weren't selling in the U.S due to the lack of some kind of government paperwork. You might see if it's available now.

I found some thanks to another member, but now my problem is I have too much! I'll probably put some up on the sale page to spread the love.