Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Milsurp close to H335 available again

Boolit Master

Milsurp close to H335 available again

My main powder for rifles is WC 844 (similar to H335).

The supply of this stuff dried up early during the current shortage and until now has not been available.

Most powder pulled from existing 5.56 will be from ammo loaded with WC 844.

The stuff below looks to be WC 844 based on both the fact that it was pulled from 5.56 and the fact that the charge and velocity match up pretty good with Hodgdon data for H335.

https://americanreloading.com/reload...mil-8-lbs.html

Boolit Master

This product is no longer in stock
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    There is obviously pent up demand for this powder, it went fast.

They really should a little more informative with some of there other powders. Lots of 223 loaders would likely be willing to use the powders that currently only show loads for 308 or 30-06.

Note also that their WC 732 is between AA 2200 and X Terminator (just a little faster than H335).

http://www.theballisticassistant.com...12-22-2020.pdf

I ran Quickload for the 3 mentioned above in 223. If you are looking for 223 blasting ammo, 732 does not look bad at all.

Code:
    Cartridge          : .223 Rem. (SAAMI)
    Bullet             : .224, 55, Hornady FMJ-BT w/c 2267
    Useable Case Capaci: 26.528 grain H2O = 1.722 cm³
    Cartridge O.A.L. L6: 2.260 inch = 57.40 mm
    Barrel Length      : 18.0 inch = 457.2 mm

C A U T I O N : any load listed can result in a powder charge that falls below minimum suggested
    loads or exceeds maximum suggested loads as presented in current handloading manuals. Understand
    that all of the listed powders can be unsuitable for the given combination of cartridge, bullet
    and gun. Actual load order can vary, depending upon lot-to-lot powder and component variations.
    USE ONLY FOR COMPARISON !

Powder type          Filling/Loading Ratio  Charge    Charge   Vel. Prop.Burnt P max  P muzz  B_Time
                                          %     Grains    Gramm   fps     %       psi     psi    ms
    ---------------------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hodgdon H335                        94.8     25.3     1.64    3035    95.8    52000    9716   0.845  ! Near Maximum !
    Accurate 2200                       91.7     22.8     1.48    2975    95.0    52000    9099   0.849  ! Near Maximum !
    Ramshot X-Terminator *C             98.5     25.7     1.67    2961    90.5    52000    9283   0.856  ! Near Maximum !
    Last edited by P Flados; 09-28-2022 at 12:12 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
    My main powder for rifles is WC 844 (similar to H335).

The supply of this stuff dried up early during the current shortage and until now has not been available.

Most powder pulled from existing 5.56 will be from ammo loaded with WC 844.

The stuff below looks to be WC 844 based on both the fact that it was pulled from 5.56 and the fact that the charge and velocity match up pretty good with Hodgdon data for H335.

I miss buying it for $75 a jug with free shipping and hazmat if you bought 4 jugs.

I was able to snag 2 kegs of a different lot of their .223 powder. After discounts it was just under $150/keg. For the current market, I'm happy with the price, but still wish I had bought lots when it was $12/lb just 3 years ago...

The 844 buy was real good at AR. It works in anything that H-335 works in. Which includes the 6.8 and the cats there of.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    I noticed Cabelas has H 335 at the moment. Can be shipped to your nearest store for pickup for free. I know it's not surplus.

Boolit Master
    After "223 Rifle Powder #6" sold out, it looks like they got a new batch, now called "223 Rifle Powder #7".

Recently, I saw a link to a list of discount codes. It said there was one for powder, but I can not find it anymore. If anyone has any info, sharing would be nice.

Last edited by P Flados; 09-29-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Wish you were closer. I've got most of an 8 lbr of that pulldown powder that I'd give you. I hate the stuff. Never before or since have I seen a powder put out a muzzle flash so bright that it is blinding in daylight. What were they thinking?
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
    After "223 Rifle Powder #6" sold out, it looks like they got a new batch, now called "223 Rifle Powder #7".

Recently, I saw a link to a list of discount codes. It said there was one for powder, but I can not find it anymore. If anyone has any info, sharing would be nice.

Just add it to the cart and the available codes pop up for you to click on.