RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers at Powder Valley

Boolit Master

Primers at Powder Valley

Small pistol, small rifle, standard, magnum, Federal, CCi. Powder valley.

Boolit Grand Master

Powder Valley is a legitimate and for real site/business . I bought some brass from them , ordered on Sunday night , paid with my card and had brass at noon Wednesday .
    Get on their e-mail list and get notified when things come in .
    Prices are not outrageous ... at least the brass wasn't .

www.powdervalleyinc.com

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I ordered some powder and primers today… I think this is the second time I’ve purchased there, but I’m kinda forgetful so maybe not.

Boolit Master

Federal SPP & SRP - $95 / 1,000. I can wait but
    they do have Schuetzen BP and Hodgdon triple 7 fff BP.

Boolit Master
    I have bought from them in the past. they are a stand-up company.

Boolit Master

I’ll pass at $95/1000!

Boolit Bub
    Not going to feed the $95/1000 beast. Hopefully they soon have to start sitting on a bunch of them at that price.

Boolit Grand Master
    Someone told me it's $160 a brick here!!!!!
    I'm not selling any of my stash.

Boolit Grand Master

It’s nice to see primers in stock, but 1,000 per type limit plus hazmat and shipping prices them out of "restock" territory. That said, I’m sure there are some that are seeing this as an oasis in the desert.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

$95/1000 plus shipping and hazmat. You can only order 1000. While Powder Valley is my go-to supplier, I will not pay that. I'm sure there are a few that will, but count me out. I am down to my last 3000 small pistol primers. i can, and will, wait.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Mold
    I've been rationing the stash,, I'll not buy bulk till price gets right again,, I've bought a few at academy when I caught them in stock at 7.99 a 100 I think, small pistle, and small rifle only thing I'm going thru right now. I'd buy a brick at this price, but haz. And ship takes it to far,, I'll Waite also.

Well I just checked via ammo seek. 9.5 cents ea for magnum small pistol primers by CCI.

At that price I am not restocking, nor am I shooting up current supply bought at 3 to 3.5 cents ea as those would have to be replaced by primers which cost 3 x as much.

So I am shooting a little .22lr and .22wmr (I have deep stocks of both)
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Mold
    I've been shooting air rifle , and pistle also . get allot of trigger time for cheape. do this at home also.

I see this as a long term problem. Many of us stocked up earlier and have been eating into our stash since then. When primers start coming back into availability, and prices come down a bit, those that got caught in the shortage will buy in bulk, thus eating up the availability of primers.
    I do not see this shortage easing for at least a year or more. Higher demand will be met at higher production, but at higher prices.
    The only thing that will help is to NOT buy. But then we can't shoot.
    A vicious circle.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

If I had extra cash, I’d buy at that cost. I’d rather have expensive primers than no primers. I bought a local brick 2 years ago for $100, another for $90, course that was free gov money.

Boolit Master
    Back last spring a buddy called me and said he could get LPP's at IIRC $75 per carton from Brownell's. I thought he was ordering a bunch of other primers and powder; so like an idjit I agreed. Nope, turned out he'd just ordered One (1) carton of LPP's for me. When the Hazmat fee and our rapacious internet sales tax was added to the mix it came to about $107. And they turned out to be Federal LPP's, which per Lee is not recommended for use in my Lee Auto-prime tool. Just remember the Hazmat fee and the internet sales tax.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Bub
    Looks like the muzzleloading flintlocks will be getting more workouts. Thankfully I stocked up on some black powder, which has also been in a bit of a shortage as of late. Goex will hopefully be back in production early next year.
    Seems every aspect of shooting is squeezed right now.

Thanks to the person starting this thread for the lead. I was able to get primers I was specifically looking for. I saw a motorcyclist get run over in front of me a couple weeks ago. Life is too short. If I can afford it I am going to have fun.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    $95 per 1000 is a terrible price, but it's where the market is at today. If they priced them at $50 they would have sold out in minutes. At $95 they at least still have some in stock a day later. I'd rather have the option to buy at $95 versus being sold out.

On another positive note they actually have a decent selection of powder.

Boolit Master
    Most everyone has paid the price when they need something. I hope those who "wait" for "normal" prices are right but ya never know do we?
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast