RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: ISO Tanfoglio Gunsmith/Guru

Boolit Master

ISO Tanfoglio Gunsmith/Guru

If there's a more appropriate section for this post, Mods should move with my blessing.

I own two Tanfoglio .38 Supers, one of which is a basic steel-framed Witness model. The other is a Polymer framed model, the model number of which I forget. For the moment, I'm having entirely too much fun shooting them to think of sending them off, but I envision a switch from the curved (DA optimized) trigger to an aftermarket straight one (I'm not much of a DA Auto guy).
    Switching the triggers out is probably well within the skill-set of any gunsmith worthy of the title. But surely there are some who devote a great deal of their time to working on Tanfoglios either a large minority or even a majority of their time. Sometimes, it takes working on the same model over and over to learn its nuances and quirks (I learned this the hard way while installing an extended thumb safety on my Israeli Kareen P-35 clone).

Just wondering if anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who frequently works on these pistols.

Oh, and so that my credentials stay in tact here, the ONLY j-word bullets shot through my pistols are factory, and will be reloaded post haste, with cast lead or PC-LSWCs in the future.

TIA
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Google Henning Wallgren. He can either help you or get you pointed in the right direction.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...