Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hi-mountain from now on I guess

Boolit Buddy

Hi-mountain from now on I guess

So I was never very particular about which jerky spices or marinades I used on my venison and have used many different brands and flavors. I tried Cabela's brand last year with low expectations but man it was some of the best flavors I've eaten. The teriyaki and the peppered were my favorites. I recently got some gift cards for Cabela's for my birthday so I figured I'd get some seasoning since hunting season is on. I'm reading the package and it says the ingredients contain sucralose on 3/5 flavors in the variety pack. I was shocked to see that they would put an artificial sweetener in something that is already loaded with sugar(cure). I usually can taste the artificial sweeteners and think they have a repulsive flavor. I don't want to argue about whether they are safe or not. Each unto their own on that. I will say that I have other reasons to avoid them but amongst all the salt and spice they got past my taste buds undetected. I'll be watching closer and choosing carefully from now on.

Boolit Buddy

Hi Mountain fan here. We really like the Cracked Pepper and Garlic GW

Boolit Master
    Lots of DIY recipes on youtube & google. Add what you want nothing artificial if you please. We have gotten some really good recipes this way.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi-Mountain Buckboard Bacon made with pork butts is amazing. I've made their summer sausage, brats and weiners also. Been excellent. I just put together my own bacon cure for some Canadian bacon. I'll find out how it worked in 2 weeks. I think putting your own recipes together is the way to go once you learn the ropes, but the results from Hi-Mountain have been consistently great.

Boolit Master

I've always liked Hi-Mountain but my brother in law put me on to PS Seasonings a while ago. They're out of WI, so that's always a bonus for me, have some really good stuff. I can personally recommend their whisky old fashioned, garlic summer sausage, and sweet/hot jerky seasonings.