Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: WTS--Lyman devastator single cavity 45 caliber 180 bullet mold

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."

WTS--Lyman devastator single cavity 45 caliber 180 bullet mold

It's been a long time since I posted anything here on the Castboolits forum.

I purchased this Lyman Devastator Single Cavity bullet mold brand new so long ago that I can't really remember the exact date I bought it.

I do remember that I bought it from Midway USA. I don't think that Midway even stocks them anymore though.

The cheapest one I could find listed online new was ninety-two-bucks not including tax and shipping.

Over the years this single cavity bullet mold has dropped some excellent 180 grain hollow points for me. I really haven't had any problems with it other than the fact that sometimes I just wanted to shoot cast bullets that weighed closer to the typical 230 grains we find in the FMJs and Jacketed hollow points.

To that end, I fabricated an adjustable hollow pointing spud that allowed me to adjust the depth of the hollow point cavity and thereby, raise or lower the weight of the bullet. It worked out great for those times when I didn't want the massive expansion that the factory Devastator hollow pointing spud was giving me.

At the time I fabricated this Adjustable Hollow Pointing Spud, all I had laying around the shop was some old brass rod. It worked out great as far as functionality. The brass did tend to get stained easily though. The stains on the shank of my adjustable hollow pointing spud in no way hinders the functionality of this gizmo.

I'm asking $60.00 FIRM for it as pictured in the photos plus shipping if you are unable to pick it up locally. Shipping cost? Whatever the going rate of a USPS Flat-Rate shipping box is; that's the price of shipping. (I think it's $8.50 or so) Even though it is now considered a "USED" bullet mold, it will still cast some excellent bullets.

So, why am I selling it? Last week I sold off the last of my 45 caliber firearms and I no longer have any use for it. I'm out of the 45 caliber business for now; unless I get another wild hair up my butt and decide to buy another one. If that happens, I'll probably kick myself for having sold this mold. It really is that good of a mold. I suppose that's why it sells for a premium price when new.

If you're even remotely interested in this LYMAN DEVASTATOR Single Cavity 45 caliber bullet mold, please do an online search for these so that you can get more information on it than my short description was able to convey. It comes with the additional adjustable hollow pointing spud as shown in the photos.

Thanks for looking.

CLOSED

HollowPoint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mold2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	304971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallmold.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	304972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallmold2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	304973  
    Last edited by HollowPoint; 10-05-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Boolit Master

I’ll take it!
    PM sent!

Boolit Master

Oh Man; I just saw this listing. I would have bought it in a heart beat. If your deal falls through, please contact me.

Boolit Master
    deltaenterprizes
    Reply sent to your PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Oh Man; I just saw this listing. I would have bought it in a heart beat. If your deal falls through, please contact me.
    Will do.