MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: What savage

Boolit Buddy

What savage

I recently bought a cz 457 lux and love it but I’ve sold a number of things and I’m at the point of going to buy another 22. Just wonder if anyone has experience with the savage mkii and the b22. I read the mkii mags come apart but that can be fixed. B22 supposedly scratches the next round and wondering if they’ve fixed that. The b22 precision looks cool but not sure about shelling out double over the standard b22 just to get the mdt stock as I’m really pretty old school. Even the old 64 precision is in my thoughts but then there’s the trigger on that. I do really enjoy a 1# or a little more trigger but 2# or so is ok too. I don’t hunt anymore and just shoot holes in things from a bench mostly. Just wondering opinions and thanks guys.
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

There's such a wide variation in .22 rifles, both in cost and quality. I just sold a Savage Mk II N.I.B. on Gunbroker, and it only fetched $147. One of those situations where I thought I got a good deal on it, but never used it at all because I have so many other .22s. The magazine did seem flimsy. Clear back to the Stevens 325 and the Savage 340 .30-30s Savage's magazines have seemed to me to be of low quality and/or poor design. I can't make a blanket statement about all of their magazines in all of their models as I haven't owned all of them, but what I have seen over the years has been unimpressive.

I was fortunate enough to acquire some Russian-made TOZ-17 rifles which I used as training rifles for Hunter Ed classes. I've sold two and kept two, as they as quite accurate. I've also got a Romanian Cugar .22 training rifle which is about as good. Lots of miscellaneous .22s like Marlin-Glenfield Mod. 60 and single shots, but I'm pretty happy with the Russian training rifles. Yourself, being a CZ owner, know that you can spend a fortune on those said to be the best, most of which seem to come from Europe.

DG

Boolit Master
    I have a CZ455 and a Savage B22 FVSR in the mix. The Savage has an Apache trigger in it at around 1 pound. Mine runs pretty good, some brands can get nicked entering the chamber, some don't. CCI SV is good to go, sometimes Automatch gets nicked. I have a Tiddly Wink flipping target with 2 inch target surfaces that I can easily keep flipping past 50 yards, sitting on the ground and bracing off my knees.

Boolit Master
    I have a MKII GVXP (bull barrel, accu-trigger, walnut stock). It’ll shoot American Eagle 40gr boolits through the same hole at 50 yards. I have the trigger very light, approx 14-16oz.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Later to this post but csspecs.com makes Savage Mark ll mags. 10,15, and 20 rounders. They are based in Deland Fl. I have 2 10 rounders and they work great. I bought them because my factory mag split at the seam and spits out the bullets like a machine gun when inserted in the mag well. It’s really funny to see them fly out.