WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 24

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 24

Good morning all. Great message of encouragement and direction. Have a safe and blessed day.

Where Our Focus Should Be
    by Greg Laurie on Sep 24, 2022

So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, ‘Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?’
    —Acts 1:6

After His resurrection, Jesus said to His disciples, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8 NLT). This statement was prompted by the following question from the disciples: “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?” (verse 6 NLT). The disciples thought that the Messiah, Jesus, had come to establish the Kingdom of God on Earth. This was why it seemed like a mistake when He was crucified.

But as the Scriptures foretold, the Messiah would come first to suffer and die for the sins of the world. Then He would return to Earth and establish His Kingdom therein.

Jesus told them, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know” (verse 7 NLT). In other words, “Guys, will you get over this already? I’m not going to establish My earthly kingdom right now. That will come later. Stop focusing on when I’ll return and instead focus on what you are to do until I return.”

Today, there are still people asking when Jesus is coming back. And an occasional misguided person will say they know the date of Christ’s return. But Jesus said, “No one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows” (Matthew 24:36 NLT).

Our focus, therefore, should be on what we’re supposed to do while we await Christ’s return. The early Church had a job to do, and so do we. Jesus’s words in Acts 1 were not only for the first-century believers. He is still calling us to tell people everywhere about Him.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, we don’t know the day of His returning but we know without a doubt that he is coming to take the church home!

John 21:16: " Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"He answered, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep." And all three times Jesus responded with some variation of the command to feed (or care for) his sheep."

This is our work and worry. Are we feeding his sheep? Tending his flock? By the fruits of our labor he will know us.

Or I suspect in many cases, not know us at all. Jesus told many Parables that point us in the right direction.

A Tree and its Fruit
    …19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.…
    Berean Standard Bible

And those who do not produce good fruit are cut down and thrown into the fire. That is a harsh warning. Are you doing our Lord's will?
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    John 21:16: " Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"He answered, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep." And all three times Jesus responded with some variation of the command to feed (or care for) his sheep."

This is our work and worry. Are we feeding his sheep? Tending his flock? By the fruits of our labor he will know us.

Or I suspect in many cases, not know us at all. Jesus told many Parables that point us in the right direction.

A Tree and its Fruit
    …19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.…
    Berean Standard Bible

And those who do not produce good fruit are cut down and thrown into the fire. That is a harsh warning. Are you doing our Lord's will?
    And a tree is known by the fruit it bares if any at all.

Boolit Master

BE PREPARED is all we need to know!