Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, September 19

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, September 19

Good morning all. My sincere prayer is for a true awakening. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. - Matthew 6:10 KJV . Have a safe and blessed day.

What Are We to Do?
    by Greg Laurie on Sep 19, 2022

So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.
    —Luke 21:32

The breakdown of the American family is the root of so many of our social ills today. You can take almost every social ill, every societal problem in our nation, and trace it directly back to the breakdown of the family. And it is not just the breakdown of the family, but it’s also the redefinition of the family and, in some cases, the redefinition of a man or woman.

Immorality is being promoted and pushed onto us from every direction, not only in the media but also in our classrooms. Pretty much everywhere we look, we see a breakdown in our culture. We live in a time when our culture celebrates wrong as right and mocks right, as though it were wrong. This reminds me of a verse from the Old Testament Book of Isaiah, which says, “What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter” (5:20 NLT). It seems like everything is upside down now, doesn’t it?

There is also surging violence on our streets and seemingly no end in sight to a global pandemic, with COVID-19 variants springing up one after another. What are we to do?

What we are to do is watch and pray. I think all the things we see happening around us are signs of the times, reminding us that we are living in the last days. Jesus, speaking of His imminent return and the signs that would come, said, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near” (Luke 21:28 NKJV).

We need divine intervention. We need the Lord to hear our prayers and help us. What we need is another Jesus Movement, another spiritual awakening.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    No one knows what will trigger the return of Christ to the Earth. But in my opinion, it does not matter much. Should we live and pray differently if it is in 5 years or 500?

So many "believers" have fallen for ******** stories about the imminent return of Christ.

There are many who want it to happen ASAP to justify their faith and "prove" they are "right" and the world is corrupt and deserves to suffer the wrath of God. But the world has been corrupt for centuries. Only God knows where that tipping point is and He has not given us specifics. It is presumptions of any man to declare "the time is near".

Regardless of the forces against us, we are to live as Christians and realize that we will likely suffer for our beliefs before Christ returns. Many people will go along to get along and in so doing, renounce God. God will forgive any sin except that one.
    Don Verna

Agree with Don; we can't know when or where Christ will return. But as an old friend said, who was a missionary to Pakistan, "God calls us to be faithful, not successful." Living our faith every day is the only response that can help this country.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

And in a way we do know what the tipping point is - Jesus said He would not return until all those the Father had given him are collected - we just don't know when that will happen. Not a single one of those chosen will be lost.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, I agree with you all and believe that we are to continue to do what pleases God and that is to live for Christ no matter what or who is against us.

Boolit Master
    All good post, our mission as the church has not changed
    "Preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified to the lost and dying world".
    Matthew 28:19-20: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”.