Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Started out on Lee equipment ? When ?

Boolit Master

Lee Load-All 2 each .38 Special and .22 Hornet back in 1977 at age 30 . Today I have 9 Lee Press's of various configurations for the 14 calibers I currently load, most press's are kept set up, dedicated to a certain function or caliber. It's so handy that way. If it weren't for Lee's pricing that some ridicule as some evidence of cheapo, I never would have got into reloading to the degree I have. I am sure Dillon can spew out a 1000 rds an hour. I'v always savored the process of reloading as therapy from a busy world.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    DIdn't start with Lee tools in 71, but added a Challenger press in 91 and the little C press in 92 as a priming station for my Lee Auto Prime II. In 74 started casting with Lee molds and a Saeco and then a Lyman pot. Switched over to the Lee 20# 7-8 years ago. All my pistol molds are Lee 6 cavity and if I ever start on another pistol caliber would choose Lee without hesitation.

Boolit Bub
    2013, Load Master

Boolit Bub
    1978, Whack-a-mole in 38/357.
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Boolit Buddy
    1982, 3 hole turrent with powder dippers. I just fount the wood box the press came in.

Paul in WNY
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Boolit Bub
    In 1962 with a 20 gauge Lee Loader. Got it for my 14th birthday and still have it. I was so happy I accidently dropped the bag of #8 shot on the hardwood floor. Spent some hours trying to get it all. I remember some going down the heating ductwork for a long time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    1982, 3 hole turrent with powder dippers. I just fount the wood box the press came in.

Paul in WNY
    the 3 holes with wood box are listed at crazy high prices on evilbay. I still have the Lee color brochure from when I bought just the press $63.98. At the time I couldn't justify the additional $30 for the combination box/press mount.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Middle seventies.....22 hornet, 20 gauge shotgun.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Buddy
    My first Lee product was a Lee Loader (cardboard box) in "7.62 Russian", i.e., 7.62x54r., in 1990. I still have it.

Boolit Mold
    I started in 1978 with a Lee Load All 12 gauge used it 6 months and switched to a MEC JR and never looked back. It did a decent job though.

Started in 2008, Lee C press, I have upgraded since then.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Boolit Master

Started with a Lee Pro 1000. Since then I've gone through every press Lee makes with the exception of shotshell presses. Presently don't have a single Lee but I have a Redding T-7 and two RCBS Rock Chuckers. I started in 1976.

Lee Load All…12ga…1975
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

I've used some Lee equipment off and on for decades. But in 2014 I got a hefty check from mom and dad. Early inheritance they called it.

So I used some to buy some guns, tools, etc. I did not go all Lee, opinions varied on hand priming tools. But everyone who had a RCBS Universal hand priming tool loved it. Many had 2 so they did not have to change parts. I agree it rocks.

My primary press however is a Lee hand press. Although I have others that is the one that gets used the most.

Dies are all Lee.

Molds are all Lee except for a couple of buckshot molds and an old lyman .45 round ball.
    Slowly changing all my 2 cavity molds that get used for 6 cav's.

Are they perfect? No, not always. For the price I don't expect them to be.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Bub
    1991, Lee Challenger and 38spl/357mag dies

Boolit Man
    Lee Loader in 12ga, 1972, my junior year of high school. It drove my mom crazy what with all the pounding, lol!

I don’t have it anymore, but I was gifted a Redding powder scale at the same time and to this day I am still using it! I have the original box and manual too!

I do have a Lee Loader in .30-30 that is like new in the box, and also a Mequon Loader in .44 Special in similar condition in the box.

My first press was an RCBS, probably a Junior, but I moved it down the road for a Pacific 07, just before Hornady bought them out. Now I’m muddling through life with a Redding Ultramag that has been around a good 30 years, plus an older Redding C-press. But I occasionally muse over getting one of the Lee cast iron presses just “because.

I imagine about 40% of my dies are from Lee, along with Redding, C-H, Lyman, RCBS, Pacific (love Durachrome dies),and Hornady. One of my Pacific sets is branded Thompson-Center!
    Last edited by Otony; 10-02-2022 at 07:19 PM.
    Otony

Boolit Buddy
    Started a few years ago with a Lee Hand Press, die set, and Lee Ram Prime.

Boolit Mold
    Late 80s with a whack a mole in 30-30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Otony View Post
    ....I’m muddling through life with a Redding Ultramag that has been around a good 30 years, plus an older Redding C-press. But I occasionally muse over getting one of the Lee cast iron presses just “because.
    I admire your tastes. IMHO, Redding's Ultramag is THE "strongest" reloading press currently available. Lee's Classic Cast is second. Both are stronger/stiffer than my old green RC2.

Iron C presses are MUCH stronger than most people seem to believe.

1979, loading with the whack a mole for my new to me Colt Python

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast