MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Started out on Lee equipment ? When ?

Boolit Buddy
    I bought an original Lee loader for 7.7x58 Arisaka back in 1976. I learnt very quickly not to get too aggressive while seating primers and I was very glad I hadn't yet opened the can of powder. Other than the one time setting off a primer, it worked well enough and I loaded enough rounds to keep me hunting with my first center fire rifle...

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

1983 - lee hand loader in 30-30

Boolit Mold
    Hi - new to the forum and relatively new to reloading. Lee hand press, November of last year loading 38 special.

Boolit Master
    1972 with a Lee wack a mole in .44 Mag.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kerreckt View Post
    1970 with a 16ga. whacker. It made ammo for me and I was happy.
    Same for me, except I never did actually use it. Heck, I’m not even sure what even happened to it.

Boolit Grand Master

Started with Lee in about 1970 with a Lee Load-All in 12 gauge. Like most Lee products I have used it didn't stay around long.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    My first was a Lee loader in 45 Colt cost less than $10.00 I think I bought it in 1969 my only loader for about 3 years.

1978 lee 10lb pot and couple of single cavity molds still have the lead pot and 158 gn swc mold both still work?
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Boolit Buddy
    I use a lot of Lee equipment, but my first press was a Dillon. My first molds were Lee though, and I still have almost all Lee molds.

Boolit Master
    1973, First centerfire was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357, OMG ammo was $5/50 !!!
    How am I gunna shoot much ?
    First press was a Pacific. But the dies were Lee !! .357
    Reloaded with jacketed for a while, then discovered cast at a new gun shop (owner cast and sold em.)
    Conned him into explaining how it worked.
    Lee pot and mold, NOW I'm in bizness !!
    Pot and mould very reasonable price - damn lubresizer cost a fortune !!!
    Progressed through a 3 hole turret, a LoadMaster (LoadDisaster !)
    Now mostly run a Dillon 550; but still use the Pacific and Lee turret for specific things.
    Things I don't load enough of to justify the 550 conversion cost.
    All Lee dies.
    Got an APP last year, runs great for sizing powder coat.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    I started casting with the Lee 10lb pot and two Lee molds. Still use nothing but Lee pot but mostly use a 20lb version now. Prefer the valve on the 10 lb but like the thermal stability of the larger capacity. Even now when I'm looking for a new bullet, I always look to see what Lee offers 1st.

Boolit Master

Wife alloted $1000 for me to start reloading for my Smith 586. Went whole hog and got a Lee Loadmaster. It was a disaster as the primer device was trash. In '95 I upgraded to a Dillon 550B. Then over the years to a xl 650 and 3 square deals. Along the way picked up a Rockchucker, Lyman Square T, Lee Turret and a Lee hand press. A Star luber and a RCBS Pro Furnace along with about 50 different Lee molds amongst others have all given me many hours of enjoyment and a way to keep me grounded and away from bars and women. When I started to cast with a Lee 6 banger it had no handles (see classics way on top) but I persisted for two years to mold 38's and 45's wearing two pair of gloves until one day I saw a lee mold with handles at a gun show. I got another Dillon Square Deal for 9 mm's. Will it ever stop?
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Crash Corrigan : "Will it ever stop?"

No
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Buddy

1985 Lee challenger

Boolit Buddy
    Lee "Whack a Mole" in 1972. Over the years I've had a number of their moulds, powder measures and other sundry items. I've never come to grips with their powder scale. I have two, new in the box. If anybody wants them, they are yours free for the cost of shipping. Otherwise, in May the are going into the dumpster, as is anything that I haven't used in the last 20 years.

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting... I purchased a Lee Loadmaster in the early nineties. It took some tweaking, as all processes do. Result: I was producing 500 round of ammo a week to feed my kids' shooting habit. One pull on the handle, one round in the box. Result? I'm now feeding my grand daughter's shooting habit from 5 hours away. She's only 12, so I have a few years to go. Her Momma feeds her own shooting habit now. It's on her husband's dime.

Boolit Buddy
    About 1988, Lee Challenger to initially load .44 magnum. Gradually added .45, .40, .30-06, .357/.38. Upgrade to the Classic Turret when it came out. Loaded everything on it either in single stage mode or auto index. Added 9mm, .308, 9x18 Mak, 6.5x55Swede.

This year after our big move I decided to change up my reloading. Going progressive for handgun cartridges on a Lee Auto Breechlock Pro and rifle on a Rockchucker with Hornady bushing conversion. Going to try a Hornady powder measure on the ABLP, and got a ChargeMaster Link for rifle (very impressed with initial tests ). I’ll see how on the press priming goes but leaning toward just doing all priming with a Lee Auto Bench Primer or something independent.

Sometime in the late 70's or early 80's? with the original Turret press, and once I tried a friend's Dillon I gave the Lee stuff to a friend and never looked back, and I have 5 Dillon presses now.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master
    always heard lee was junk by the folks who started with it and moved on to other brands.never owned anything lee.

Boolit Buddy
    1962, a second hand Lee Loader in .30-30. A single cavity Lee C308-170 mould came with the deal. The local gun shop sold me IMR-4895 weighed out into a small paper bag.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast