MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: Vintage CCI Shotshell primers

Vintage CCI Shotshell primers

Not really what you might call "old", but I'd not seen the packaging before. Lots of stuff showing up at the swap meets these days, people are really cleaning out!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220917_160347397_2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	304590

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220917_160357876_2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	304591
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

A buddy came across multiple 1000's of the "Remington" sized primers for next to nothing.

He's been loading them all summer in AA hulls. He's figured out which fast food soda straws will work as bushings to be able to use the small primers in the big 209 sized hole.

He shoots 10-20 lines of skeet and trap per week, he still has 3000 plus primers left, he only shoots them out of fixed breech shotguns. Claims the "bushing" has the potential to get down in the action on pumps and autoloaders.

I've got too many weird friends.

When I posted this I thought they were pretty cool, but fully intended to give them a try. Didn't know that in the old days they were different sizes! Thanks for the heads up 15meter!
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Mold
    Take note that the CCI 157 primer has a covered flash hole, whereas the Remington 57 has open flash hole. Ball powder should not be used with latter type.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beezapilot View Post
    When I posted this I thought they were pretty cool, but fully intended to give them a try. Didn't know that in the old days they were different sizes! Thanks for the heads up 15meter!
    you could try with magic glue in gel grade or maybe loctite to glue/seal them in place. I have seen youtube people doing such with boxer primers seated into decapped berdan cases with the anvil removed from the boxer primer. Do not get any of the glue or loctite in the flash hole(s).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    you could try with magic glue in gel grade or maybe loctite to glue/seal them in place. I have seen youtube people doing such with boxer primers seated into decapped berdan cases with the anvil removed from the boxer primer. Do not get any of the glue or loctite in the flash hole(s).
    Don't some reloaders use a punch out of tissue paper to keep open primers powder free?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    kids straw from chic falay work best

Those primers are most likely pre-1963 since there is no zip code on the box under the address.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    These are primers for the SP Remington casing (Hulls)

a few years ago i bought a pint jar full of mixed 209 shotgun primers for 20.00, all maybe 20 or so years old and i never had a miss fire with any of them. i don,t know why they were in the jar or how they were stored, but they worked.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    you are so right, I have been doing them this way for years, even finger nail polish also.