RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: How to set Bold in thread title

How to set Bold in thread title

Search turned up nothing. So how do I set the BOLD (dark letters) feature in a new thread?

Taking off mod hat. There is no way that I can find. I think that is because it changes if you have read the post from bold to normal. Other wise there would be no way to tell if you have read the thread or not. Putting it back on.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

what? your answer makes no sense to my feable brain.. Let me ask it this way:

New swappin/sellin adds begin with Bold Letters in the title. It is Bolding my thread title I need info on..If all the adds are in Bold Titles, I should be able to do that as well. No answers here is surprising...

Boolit Master
    I don’t think it’s Difficult. Hit the B in the settings
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

I'm not sure it is clear in mine either.

When you fill in the title there is no way to make it bold but it appears to be Bold when ever the thread is opened. In the listings for threads under any given sub-forum there are bolded titles and those that appear to be lighter. The bold one are threads that you have not opened and the light ones are those you have reviewed. If someone adds a new post to the title it will be bolded again. That is one way to tell what you have looked at.

To see what I mean open a thread then close it, go back to the sub-forum and the bold will be gone on that thread until it is posted in again.

Hope this helps.

Poppy,

That only bolds the text in the message not the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Taking off mod hat. There is no way that I can find. I think that is because it changes if you have read the post from bold to normal. Other wise there would be no way to tell if you have read the thread or not. Putting it back on.
    So, when someone starts a thread the title is not in bold; nor is there a way to make it so? But after the new thread is opened and read, it then becomes Bold? it that right?

No, just the opposite. New is bold or indicates a new post in the thread. Not bold means you have opened that thread.

To see this happen go to Our Town. Look at all of the bold thread titles. These are the ones you have not read. Now, at the top pick FORUM TOOLS Then MARK THIS FORUM AS READ and PROCEED. Note that all of the thread have changed to not bold. Once someone posts in one of those threads the title will become bold again.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    what? your answer makes no sense to my feable brain.. Let me ask it this way:

New swappin/sellin adds begin with Bold Letters in the title. It is Bolding my thread title I need info on..If all the adds are in Bold Titles, I should be able to do that as well. No answers here is surprising...
    I think that if you bump an ad the title will not be bold for you, since you’ve read the thread and there is no new post for you, but it is bold for everyone else because your post is an unread post for everyone else.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    Search turned up nothing. So how do I set the BOLD (dark letters) feature in a new thread?
    You can’t. Bold Thread Titles is a software thing which helps you identify threads you have not opened or threads which you have opened but which now have new posts.

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -