MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox

Thread: Mossburg 44 US (b)

Boolit Buddy

Mossburg 44 US (b)

Found this beauty at a gun show recently. Brought it home and cleaned her up like normally has to be done. Came with a weaver V22 3x6 scope but sure it was added. Sadly didn’t get rest peep sight and was missing front sight. Had a nice old Marbles rear sight installed and I took it off when cleaning. Magazine was a little rusted but cleaned that up. Didn’t know to much about these and was pleasantly surprised to find an adjustable trigger in it. Haven’t shot yet as I only got it a couple days ago. Would love to get original sights on so looking around for them to put back to past glory. I see a couple different options to get but also try to keep price down a little. Maybe a Lyman or Williams peep and Lyman front globe if can’t find what would be original. Thanks for looking guys and now some eye candy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAC8FCF3-AEF9-4068-A5AB-D42123F4DF06.jpg   7F8E1177-B48C-4064-8028-89CC5243A13F.jpg   14BDC5A5-D2D7-4E36-942B-68EDEC44D677.jpg   C5D30918-44B1-4EDA-B4D6-65DEE032ED55.jpg   C0054270-EF1C-43FD-8F12-D241D6506B0F.jpg  

21707AD2-9B9F-4DAB-807B-A3EC5D9AC6FA.jpg   135E8341-6BD8-4DE0-BE54-76FB5E9B89CF.jpg   ED69E481-BF4D-4828-B955-90061246408C.jpg  
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Bub
    The CMP sold some of these back years ago. It may be worth a phone call or email to the CMP Store to see if they possibly have some parts. If they do they will probably sell them to you.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of these with the adjustable rear peep and 4 flip-up front posts/ring with the hood. It also has an old Weaver 4 power scope in the same mount you show. My Dad ordered from an ad in Fur, Fish, and Game magazine sometime back in the early 1950's. It was his only rifle for decades and the old saying about the man with one gun certainly applies here. He shot nothing but WW long rifle hollow points and any varmint out to 100 - 125 yards wasn't safe.

Seeing your gun brings back memories. I'll have to dig it out and run some ammo through it.

Boolit Master
    www.havlinsales.com carries many Mossberg parts. I have accumulated 46B(b)'s, 44US's, and 146's as the a 46 and a 146 were the 22.s I had as a 11 to 14 year old. Did sell the the 146 to buy reloading gear for my marlin 30-30. Still have the 46B(b) given to me for Christmas when I was 11. I had and have T-bolt 146. Those old Mossberg 22's with long 26" barrels are really quite accurate. The sear and trigger can be CAREFULLY stoned to make a truly light crisp trigger. The adjustment screw does help, but I believe government specs kept the trigger minimum around 4 lbs.

Boolit Buddy

I have one of these, and it is a good shooter. Yours looks very nice. I have my original rear sight, but it is removed for a scope mount that I bought from Havlin's, as mentioned above. Sorry, not selling my sight.
    But, I believe the proper rear sight you need is a S-130, and is listed on flea bay right now, so go get it! Search for item number 374253453498

Magazines are harder to come by, and can be expensive. So take care of yours.
    This rifle came with lead lapped barrels. Mine is not bench rest accurate, but can hold most of them on a quarter at 50 yds. These old walnut and blued steel rifles, TO ME, ooze with class and old school quality. Mine is stamped US PROPERTY, but not all are.
    Dan

Boolit Buddy

Just found this post, so I’m late to the party. I have a Mossberg 46mb with a peep sight. It keeps up with the wife’s Rem. 521t with my eyes. I don’t think you can do much better than one of the ole Mossbergs, or Remington 500 series rifles, for a walking around gun.